Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Does anyone else hate pepper? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/does-anyone-else-hate-pepper-t143746.html)

Kathy-Pgh 08-10-2011 05:14 AM

I HATE pepper. Makes me sneeze even if it is cooked into the recipe.

ShowMama 08-10-2011 05:36 AM

I like pepper a lot and use it in cooking all the time. Two things I absolutely have to put lots of pepper on are hamburgers and salad. I know, that's strange, but they just don't taste right if I don't add lots of pepper. My husband says, "Would you like a little burger with your pepper?" On salad I especially like fresh ground pepper from a pepper mill. Also, the older I get, the more I like it.

jitkaau 08-10-2011 05:57 AM

I like all sorts of pepper-white,black,green,cayenne etc.Have an intolerance for apples, even though I think they are yummy.

Scakes 08-10-2011 06:16 AM

Not me. I love love love it!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scakes 08-10-2011 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by ShowMama
I like pepper a lot and use it in cooking all the time. Two things I absolutely have to put lots of pepper on are hamburgers and salad. I know, that's strange, but they just don't taste right if I don't add lots of pepper. My husband says, "Would you like a little burger with your pepper?" On salad I especially like fresh ground pepper from a pepper mill. Also, the older I get, the more I like it.

We like pepper on our salads too! Either coarse grind or freshly ground with the pepper mill. Really makes that salad sparkle. :lol: :lol:

katcox 08-10-2011 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltaddict
Just wondering if anyone else, besides me, hates the taste of pepper. I never use it and hate to eat food from anyone else or a restaurant that uses it. If there is pepper on food, that's all I can taste. Friends are always telling me there is so little in something that I won't even taste it, but I always do. Am I the only one? Please tell me that I'm not.

I hate it too, if I use it its very spareingly, my dad was allergic to it. So I think there is a few of us around.

Rann 08-10-2011 07:47 AM

I never use very much because that is all I can taste. I only put it in dressing and squagh or eggplant casseroles. I don't want onions around at all either.

Farm Quilter 08-10-2011 08:01 AM

I adore pepper...would not want to cook/eat without it!!! Definitely use more pepper than salt. I can just see a cup of clam chowder with the top almost totally black with pepper...yum :thumbup: :lol: and I can see most of you running to the loo at the thought :lol: Sorry :oops: just love pepper.

Quiltbeagle 08-10-2011 08:34 AM

I use black pepper occasionally and only a tiny bit when I do, and very rarely use salt when cooking. I also don't eat bell peppers because of the nasty heartburn it gives me (not to mention the price they want for it at the grocery stores!).

mpeters1200 08-10-2011 09:09 AM

I am with you and I hate the stuff. I also cannot stand the taste of salt either. I do bake cookies and stuff with salt, only because I'm scared it'll mess it up if I don't use it.

I never used to have grooves in my tongue, but I sure do now and as I get older, they get deeper. When I was younger I could eat not only black pepper, but lots and lots of salsa, hot peppers, even hot sauce at a chinese restaurant. Not anymore. I will not eat food at restaurants unless I'm absolutely sure it won't have pepper on it. My DH uses salt and pepper so much I can't imagine that he actually knows what his food is supposed to taste like.