Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Downton Abbey - First Episode Season Six (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/downton-abbey-first-episode-season-six-t274126.html)

Stitchnripper 01-05-2016 11:59 AM

I enjoyed it too. I watched the before show. I also watched the one on Highclere Castle where it is filmed. I think it was a repeat last night because I watched it a while back. Anyway, I told Mr. Stitchnripper I found it very satisfying.

MarleneC 01-05-2016 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan (Post 7424426)
was it resolved? missed that.

I guess what was resolved was the Mr. Bates and Anna threats of being arrested again for Mr. Bates' former wife's murder. A person confessed and there was a witness. Also, resolved the blackmail of Mary which her father paid off the blackmailer.

Xasera 01-05-2016 03:08 PM

R.I.P Downton Abbey. Last ever episode, a Cristmas Special, just watched by my family. Winter will never be the same without it!

slbram17 01-05-2016 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by jeanredner (Post 7424270)
I got all of the seasons at the libary and had a week long marathon of Downton Abby.

I checked with the library, about season 1 to start. It is on hold right now, and when it does become available, I can only check it out for 3 days. Doesn't sound like a realistic amount of time to watch an entire season.

quiltsRfun 01-05-2016 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by MarleneC (Post 7424668)
I guess what was resolved was the Mr. Bates and Anna threats of being arrested again for Mr. Bates' former wife's murder. A person confessed and there was a witness. Also, resolved the blackmail of Mary which her father paid off the blackmailer.

It was the murder of Mr. Green (Anna's rapist) that was resolved.

nancyw 01-06-2016 04:39 AM

Iam a fan of Downton Abbey. did you know this is it's last season?

nancyw 01-06-2016 04:48 AM

I liked the the horse ride too. Very British in those days.

Geri B 01-06-2016 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by MarleneC (Post 7424668)

I think the murder was of mr green..the house guest who raped anna last season...bates was accused, but now they have found another of his victims did him in.

Geri B 01-06-2016 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by nancyw (Post 7425299)
I liked the the horse ride too. Very British in those days.

wasnt that supposed to be a fox hunt?

MarleneC 01-06-2016 08:56 AM

Thank you quiltsRfun--I had forgotten about that.

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun (Post 7424967)
It was the murder of Mr. Green (Anna's rapist) that was resolved.