Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   E-Readers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/e-readers-t156436.html)

Joyce DeBacco 09-28-2011 01:43 PM

They're also taking pre-orders for a $79.00 Kindle. They announced it today along with their tablet.

BellaBoo 09-28-2011 01:49 PM

There are two Kindles with ads. $114 and $139. The ad versions haven't been on the market very long. And the ads aren't bad, they don't show up when you are reading and are really good coupons like buy $20 worth of ebooks for $10 and many more actually good coupons.

verna2197 09-28-2011 02:53 PM

I am so excited with all the talk. Now I just don't know. I will have to check out the site MobileReader.com hopefully I can compare all of them too. Like I said though I do love my Sony, there are just a couple more things that I want on it. Please keep the feedback coming as this really does help me.

QuiltMania 09-28-2011 03:07 PM

I have a regular Nook (not the Nook color). I love it. I never knew I wanted it until I got it. It has wifi and is small enough to tuck into my purse. I didn't want the Nook color because it was much heavier than the regular Nook. I have about 50 or so books on it now (all free). I haven't tried the books you have to pay for yet. DH said I have to be on a book budget because I love books and would probably drive us to bankruptcy downloading books for my new toy.
:(

Bobbinchick 09-28-2011 04:38 PM

I love my kindle but it does not have a backlight, but the battery lasts at least one month between charges. I have the wifi only as I could not afford the other one. Have a great day, Huggies, Fay

ksules 09-29-2011 02:50 AM

I have a Kindle less than a year old with case and reading light for $125 if anyone is interested. Kim

Quilt-Till-U-Wilt 09-29-2011 03:01 AM

I have the $114 Kindle and there are ads when you put it to sleep.It doesn't affect reading the books. I love mine. It's wonderful if you travel. I haven't payed for a book yet. If I want to read a best seller I get it at the library.

SherryCat 09-29-2011 03:13 AM

Love my iPad too!

alleyoop1 09-29-2011 03:21 AM

Sounds like you really want an I-Pad! Yes, you can download 'other' books to your kindle but you may need to run them through a free conversion software like calibre first since Kindle is proprierity. You can also download .pdf files to it, but sometimes they don't come through in a format you can read. Kindle does read all .pub files and there are thousands to choose from. With prices dropping on e-readers and so many free books, it's not a bad deal.

CharlotteO 09-29-2011 03:25 AM

OVERDRIVE.COM, A FREE PROGRAM THROUGH YOUR LOCAL LIBRARY NOW HAS BOOKS FOR KINDLE. AS WELL AS AUDIO BOOKS FOR VARIOUS DEVICES. MP3 FORMAT, WMA FORMAT, E-BOOKS AND MORE. I LOVE IT