Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Elm Creek Novels Fan? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/elm-creek-novels-fan-t166640.html)

quiltnut4ever 11-12-2011 02:38 PM

I have the Union Quilters on my Nook and haven't read it yet however I think this time I'll buy the wedding one. I love her books and I love Marie Bostwick ones too.

sharon b 11-12-2011 03:08 PM

I am reading it now and really enjoying it - I also am not into the history ones but manage to get through them . I think there is so much back tracking in the books since she wants them to be stand alone - you can pick up anyone of them and be able to follow the story line

Treasureit 11-12-2011 03:11 PM

I have read all the books but the last 2 I think. I couldn't put them down when I started and then had to wait for one to come out and haven't gotten it. I guess I better put that on my Christmas list...along with any more coming out.

Wintersewer 11-12-2011 05:04 PM

I love the history ones. The one about Johanna, the slave who spent time at Elm Creek Manor then was recaptured, and it is the story of her life after that...that was the BEST of all of them.....IMHO. What an eye opener!!!!

gramajo 11-12-2011 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Wintersewer (Post 4672129)
I love the history ones. The one about Johanna, the slave who spent time at Elm Creek Manor then was recaptured, and it is the story of her life after that...that was the BEST of all of them.....IMHO. What an eye opener!!!!

Wintersewer, I agree with you about Joanna in The Lost Quilter. I think it is my favorite Elm Creek Quilts novel.

Bonbonary 11-12-2011 06:22 PM

I agree with Pam B about too much explanation about the characters past, but for those who don't read them in order (me, included) I guess it may be necessary. I love the books, but sometimes would like to hear about more modern quilts. It seems only one book I've read so far mentioned a sewing machine being used. I get the impression that the Elm Creek Quilters are still drawing templates and cutting fabric with scissors.

Having said that, I still enjoy reading the Elm Creek books.

tammy cosper 11-12-2011 07:01 PM

Lol...I have a book shelf dedicated to these books. And I like that she just keeps on writing them!
Tammy

jollyquilting 11-12-2011 09:43 PM

I just received my newest book but struggling with the last one. I have had a slight stroke and sometimes I have trouble reading. Love her books though .

Painiacs 11-12-2011 09:59 PM

I looove her books!! One of the reasons I started quilting! They made it sound so fun! Need to find the latest. Thought I had them all pre ordered!!

Ginny B 11-21-2011 06:02 PM

The library called on Friday to let me know the book was in!! It was a really busy weekend so I didn't get to start it until last night. I know it's going to be a busy week leading up to Thanksgiving but I hope to be able to read a little bit each night and then relax on Friday and really get into it. Hope everyone else is enjoying it. :)