Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Ever Worry about Posting? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ever-worry-about-posting-t106166.html)

SuziC 03-08-2011 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
Nope, I tried that trick they showed on that link and have yet to find what they were talking about, even tried it on facebook. Just don't take pictures with your cell phone and post them directly to the sites. And I agree if someone wants to find you, they will find you. Get a big dog and a gun. I had one guy once come to my door, my German Shepherd dog was out back, but was coming in just as I opened the door, this guy stuck his foot inthe door jam, my dog comes up beside me, I grab his collar. this guy looks at my dog (who is huge!) and says "I am sorry I think I have the wrong place" I said I think you do, and called the cops right after I shut the door.

That's me...only i have 3 BIG dogs and my DH has guns so i never worry about home safety. I feel quite safe posing here. This is more like family to me than the "web"

BluegrassGurl 03-08-2011 07:09 PM

No worries with me....The digital camera I use does not have GPS capability ...and... I do not publicize my daily activities/routines as some folks are prone to do.

Please be aware......If pics are taken with a device (aka phone) that is equipped with GPS, the exact location of where the pic was taken can be itentified.

Lv2sew2011 03-08-2011 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by BluegrassGurl
No worries with me....The digital camera I use does not have GPS capability ...and... I do not publicize my daily activities/routines as some folks are prone to do.

Please be aware......If pics are taken with a device (aka phone) that is equipped with GPS, the exact location of where the pic was taken can be itentified.

There is a site, can't remember the name that posted your public info, so curiosity got the best of me, I went to the site and posted my name and waaalaaa there I was, map to my house and all my address info, included my phone number, even had a picture of my driveway and I was like how in the heck or when did they do this......

with utility companys gives out your info...

I wish I knew who took that picture of my home, jeep and driveway to my house, cause I thinking lawsuit...

Thanks to phone companys, and electric company's, ect.

IrelandDragonQuilting 03-08-2011 07:18 PM

That is kind of creepy Lv2sew2011, a photograph of your driveway and vehicle. I am definitely thinking lawsuit too! I wonder if you can go after the website?

Quiltforme 03-08-2011 07:20 PM

No but just like the internet you can search for your information and this site will come up. I have posted about different things and when I search on ask.com it comes up with my post. So you can be seen even with your pictures.

Lena1952 03-08-2011 07:21 PM

I agree with everyone here - No worries. They will find me if they want but they'd better have a bigger gun or run faster! My dog, big though she may be, is a sissy and would only lick them to death. It is my little dog they need to watch. When it comes to protecting me, he is a tiger.

KathyAire 03-08-2011 07:22 PM

[quote=Lv2sew2011.
I have a big dog, and serveral guns since my hubby is a hunter, I have also taken a course how to use Clock 44, enter if you dare, but beware! LOL[/quote]
Excuse me, I have to ask two questions. Is the big dog you are talking about the one in your avatar? :)
Do you mean a Glock 44? :)

Lv2sew2011 03-08-2011 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Lena1952
I agree with everyone here - No worries. They will find me if they want but they'd better have a bigger gun or run faster! My dog, big though she may be, is a sissy and would only lick them to death. It is my little dog they need to watch. When it comes to protecting me, he is a tiger.

LOL my Rott is a sissy to he hides when someone comes to the door after he lets them know he here...ROFLMBO

Veronica 03-08-2011 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011

Originally Posted by BluegrassGurl

There is a site, can't remember the name that posted your public info, so curiosity got the best of me, I went to the site and posted my name and waaalaaa there I was, map to my house and all my address info, included my phone number, even had a picture of my driveway and I was like how in the heck or when did they do this......

with utility companys gives out your info...

I wish I knew who took that picture of my home, jeep and driveway to my house, cause I thinking lawsuit...

Thanks to phone companys, and electric company's, ect.

YKES! :-(

Lv2sew2011 03-08-2011 07:23 PM

[quote=KathyAire]

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011.
I have a big dog, and serveral guns since my hubby is a hunter, I have also taken a course how to use Clock 44, enter if you dare, but beware! LOL[/quote
Excuse me, I have to ask two questions. Is the big dog you are talking about the one in your avatar? :)
Do you mean a Glock 44? :)

Yeah...LOL