Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Ever Worry about Posting? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ever-worry-about-posting-t106166.html)

CarrieAnne 03-08-2011 08:28 PM

No.

maggy 03-08-2011 08:29 PM

NO

craftyone27 03-08-2011 08:33 PM

The only thing I worry about when posting on the QB is admin locking or deleting my post. Seems to be getting really ridiculos lately. Sorry to be off topic.
PS - Watch for this to be deleted too!

Lv2sew2011 03-08-2011 08:35 PM

[quote=IrelandDragonQuilting]

Originally Posted by KathyAire

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011.
I have a big dog, and serveral guns since my hubby is a hunter, I have also taken a course how to use Clock 44, enter if you dare, but beware! LOL[/quote
Excuse me, I have to ask two questions. Is the big dog you are talking about the one in your avatar? :)
Do you mean a Glock 44? :)

LOL naaa that was a kit, I wish I could make a quilt from a photo! A glock, now there is an idea, I have just a six shooter and a few rifles and a cross bow, wonder if they will wait while I load that LMBO

LOL hubby was in the military and has M1 Grand...let them enter without permission and see what happens, cause these days with my back pain, I stay home a lot...

Scissor Queen 03-08-2011 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by bj
I think it's just important to be careful about posting personal information. This site is supposedly pretty secure.

Secure from what? There's something like 15 thousand members here. Postings on the board come up in google searches.

Lv2sew2011 03-08-2011 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Scrap Happy
It's "possible" that the pic of your house is from your cities property records. I'm not sure that this is the case here but it could well be. You could check with your city records (call & ask if you can do it on-line) and you may find the exact same picture. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011

Originally Posted by BluegrassGurl
No worries with me....The digital camera I use does not have GPS capability ...and... I do not publicize my daily activities/routines as some folks are prone to do.

Please be aware......If pics are taken with a device (aka phone) that is equipped with GPS, the exact location of where the pic was taken can be itentified.

There is a site, can't remember the name that posted your public info, so curiosity got the best of me, I went to the site and posted my name and waaalaaa there I was, map to my house and all my address info, included my phone number, even had a picture of my driveway and I was like how in the heck or when did they do this......

with utility companys gives out your info...

I wish I knew who took that picture of my home, jeep and driveway to my house, cause I thinking lawsuit...

Thanks to phone companys, and electric company's, ect.

Could be I guess, really don't know, I just suprise when I found my husband red truck and the corner of our house where every one could see ya! I was like who spying on us...LOL

CoyoteQuilts 03-08-2011 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
No, but I'm not a paranoid person. Plus if somebody really wants to find you, they're going to find you.

Ditto

justflyingin 03-08-2011 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen

Originally Posted by bj
I think it's just important to be careful about posting personal information. This site is supposedly pretty secure.

Postings on the board come up in google searches.

What is that problem with that? postings from all forums come up on the google searches that a person does. Not just QB.

But what is someone afraid of? Do you think that someone is stalking you through pictures you put up of quilts that you make? Most of us aren't so "hot" that we should worry about it. We're just normal looking people.

For those who make quilts and spend year on them, okay, they might worry a thief might get in and take a most valuable one, but to most people, our quilts aren't worth that much. People who have the "know-how" to realize that our quilts are actually worth a lot aren't the kind of people who go stalking people via the internet.

No, I don't worry about it. I do wonder, though, sometimes at some of the personal things people post about their dh, DIL, MIL, etc. As long as people don't know your real names, then it's okay, but otherwise, your relatives can find those negative comments. That would worry me, if I were the poster--not someone "finding me" because of a picture. Why would anyone care about that?

Bloggers all over the world post pictures to their blogs. They are glad to show the world their lives, their creations, etc. Why should we be paranoid about it?

Google earth shows our house. Do a white pages search and you will find a lot about yourself--including your home phone, address, etc.

If you are the type to be paranoid, it might be best to stay off the net as maybe the less you know, the happier you will be! :)

rb. 03-08-2011 09:12 PM

Hmmm...am I afraid of being tracked down. Let's see. I'm borderline menopausal. I have a very big, young husband. I have two teens heavily into Martial Arts. If you ask the youngest what she's going to be when she grows up, she'll tell you either a forensic pathologist, or a serial killer (hoping for the pathologist..I think med school would be cheaper than a bail bondsman an legal fees LOL). I grew up in the bush with guns of all types, and a younger brother who tried to beat on me at every opportunity, so I see everything as a potential weapon.

I guess that would be a no. LOL

I'm more worried about tossing something with my credit card number on it.

justflyingin 03-08-2011 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by rb.
I'm more worried about tossing something with my credit card number on it.

Me too. Far more concerned about cyber theft or some sort of CC theft than being stalked by someone I don't know.