Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Every mothers nightmare...and grandma (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/every-mothers-nightmare-grandma-t132152.html)

lynnie k 06-21-2011 02:06 PM

my son has a Harley and I am nervous every time he takes a ride. Cars never seem to see the bikers

maryb119 06-21-2011 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie k
my son has a Harley and I am nervous every time he takes a ride. Cars never seem to see the bikers

Same here. 3 of my kids have them plus SIL and DIL. I spend my summer praying.

SuziC 06-21-2011 02:11 PM

Yes i feel your pain too. I have son with a Harley and the other son has a crotch rocket......Not a good thing for us Mothers!!!!
They always tell me they are careful but you NEVER know!!!!
They each have sons also and i don't want to think about them growing up and getting one of those :roll:

carhop 06-21-2011 02:17 PM

My son had one and got into an accdenthair line fracture of one hip broke his ankle (bad break) the doctor said when he got older he would feel the break in his ankle. I told if he wanted to live home there was nomore bikes.

Debbie C 06-21-2011 02:21 PM

I've been riding for many years - please ask your son to dress more like your grandson when he's on the bike! Heavy jeans, jacket, etc will help should he have a spill. I know from personal experience!

dixiechunk 06-21-2011 03:20 PM

I am with you. My son (33yo) bought a Harley about 3yrs ago. I was beside myself. Then he realized he didn't enjoy riding it when the weather was too cold or too hot or raining. That was good. Then he was laid off from his aircraft work so he cancelled the insurance and turned in the tags. That was good. Well, not the being layed off but the other at least kept him off the bike. Now he his thinking about getting it back on the road. I am definitely not a happy camper. If I could blow that bike up I would.
Now before all you bike lovin' babes start up with how wonderful bikes are blah blah blah blah, I just really wish you wouldn't but that would be rude so I just won't follow this thread any further. Okay, I've said enough.

alikat110 06-21-2011 03:47 PM

Sorry. Can't help ya. I'm a wanna be biker chick....closest I get is husband and kids on dirt bikes

alikat110 06-21-2011 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by leatheflea
Whoa! What a bike and what a guy. And yours sons pretty goodlooking too.

Lol.

raedar63 06-21-2011 06:07 PM

Tell him welcome to the family,now put some jeans on, harley rides don't wear shorts to ride lol. I ride my self and so do my boys, I still worry even though I am a rider,moms nature.....

Snorky Lvs2Quilt 06-21-2011 08:39 PM

My son got his pilot's license and flies planes. He is even flying the family (with my two little grandchildren!) down here for the 4th of July.......worry worry worry. Planes, motorcycles all these things that give moms/grandmoms more gray hairs. lol