Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Facebook has all your phone numbers! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/facebook-has-all-your-phone-numbers-t144349.html)

honeybee_2000 08-12-2011 08:57 AM

I refused to put my cell or home phone on facebook when they requested both to update my account in case of emergency..really! If I need help from facebook for account, I will send them a smoke signal from the highest mountain I can find in Arkansas..lol

bakermom 08-12-2011 09:09 AM

[quote=Robinlee]Okay, the way that I am understanding this...........If I used my cell phone to do Facebook, this is what happens. Well I don't, but I looked at my contacts, and the ones that do use their phone to use facebook, their numbers are their. So I have decided, if these people want their phone numbers out there, good for them, it won't be happening with my phone "ever". Next question thou, "how do you remove their numbers from your contact list?"

not sure if this is what your asking but you can't remove their numbers from your facebook unless you unfriend or block them. If it is showing up cause it's on their profile, they are the only ones that can change it. If I'm wrong, i'm sure someone will come along and explain better

shrabar 08-12-2011 09:13 AM

I went there & I dont have half of these friends on my phone ,but there # is posted because they put there # on there profile. It has nothing to do with your cell phone....

klgreene 08-12-2011 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by shrabar
I went there & I dont have half of these friends on my phone ,but there # is posted because they put there # on there profile. It has nothing to do with your cell phone....

That's right, it has nothing at all to do with your phone. This is just another scam.....

n2stitches 08-12-2011 11:13 AM

This is true, but I am the only one who can see the numbers. I'm not too concerned as others cannot view them.

mhansen6 08-12-2011 12:06 PM

I never use Facebook. I am thinking of disabling it. I didn't load the Facebook app on my cell phone. HOW did it get there?
This really upsets me.

Robinlee 08-12-2011 12:15 PM

I checked my FB, Figure out the ones that show up "are" the ones that have their's listed on either there FB and/or mobile phone. I don't have either HP# or cell# on my FB. If someone was to want it, I would make the decision if I give it out. So no worries here. My security is set"HIGH", so it would take alot to get into mine. PS. I don't have an updated mobile phone for use with FB or other applications, so that is my second reason not to worry.

twixbar 08-12-2011 01:06 PM

Too much information for me to use facebook, used it for a short time but, didn't like it.

TacoMama 08-12-2011 01:45 PM

Only you can see your contacts
Your Contacts list is like a phonebook that only you can see. It includes numbers that 1) you may have synced from your phone or 2) your friends have chosen to share with you. To control who sees your contact information, visit your privacy settings.

georgiat 08-12-2011 06:11 PM

That's one reason I don't do all the social media. You guys are as "social" as I get!