Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   February weight loss 2016 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/february-weight-loss-2016-a-t275194.html)

mjmachin 02-24-2016 08:06 AM

Yesterday was my "can't stay away from food" day. I hope I don't have another of these days for awhile! I don't think I did too bad, but I was tempted all day. Sure was hard to say no. I was craving chocolate.....my downfall! Looks like today is better so far. Hope you are all doing well.

meanmom 02-24-2016 04:45 PM

There is a full moon this week and I can sure tell at school. My kindergartener is off the hook this week. That is the only way to describe her. I the afternoon I work in a second grade classroom. There are several tough kids in the class plus one who does not belong on a regular classroom. Part of the problem is the kids and the other part is the teacher has no control. They walk all over her. I was planning on trying some things to get control but the teacher is out sick. The poor sub today was starting to cry when I was talking to her after the kids left. I felt so sorry for her. She tried so hard and a couple of them were just obnoxious. She actually had better control than the teacher does most days. I felt so sorry for her. I assured her that she had done well and they are just a tough class. She is older and a bit old fashioned but does a pretty good job.
I went to spinning tonight. I was thinking about trying the group power class afterwards and realized I didn't have shoes. I go to class in sandals since I wear cycling shoes. Maybe I will try it Saturday.
The weather here is crazy too. Saturday, Sunday and Monday were gorgeous 50 to 60 degrees. Snow tonight.

Jcarpentier 02-27-2016 04:00 AM

Oh mjmachin, I hate those days where all I want is food. I have those more frequently than I care to admit.

Can you believe there are only 2 more days left to the month after today? This year is already flying by. I hope everyone has a great day!

Annaquilts 02-29-2016 11:35 AM

Well I was 0.2 lbs above my goal weight and then I went up another 3 lbs. Arghhh! I am trying to be good and keep my weight here but it would be nice to actually hit that goal weight. I guess it is my pride. so it this point I am not as much about weight loss as it is about not gaining back.

I used up my free week at the fitness place and did not buy a membership yet. It is so much money. I am planning on joining some where though. the little taste I got was good. One of the problems is that my son is in one of those contracts at this place and we want to work out together, well I mean at the same place. Mr. Buff works out while I just do it without much weights. Hahahaha! Still it is good for me. So I am not sure if this is the place I want to commit too. there is one closer by I would prefer and he would go with me but he is in this contract. while if I buy here I would have a 2 year commitment and his contract ends in October, leaving me with more then a year at that place. So I am not sure if I want to wait till October to join anything. Not a good idea right to wait that long? If we are both free in Ocotber then we could go where ever we want to.

Susanna10 02-29-2016 12:32 PM

Well, I gained 1 1/2 pounds this month, but could of been worse. I was sick most of the month. How did everyone else do? Much better than me, I hope.

Anna - fitness places are way too expensive for me. I go to a store and get a shopping cart and walk. I worry about falling and a shopping cart really helps.

Susanna

mjmachin 02-29-2016 01:27 PM

I managed to take off 5 lbs this month and am very happy about that. This weight does not come off very quickly or easily, but I keep plugging along. I walk for over an hour with my husband after work, but I really need to commit to going to the Y and doing some other workouts. The hardest part is pushing myself away from the table and not pick up the chocolate.....that is a hard give up! So, again I will sign up for March and keep trying. Good luck to everyone.

Pam H 02-29-2016 03:33 PM

I gained a little over 2 lbs this month. A few too many splurges and not watching my portions sizes. I know what I need to do and I will do better in March.
A 2 year commitment to a gym is a bit much. I signed up for 3 months which is pricier per month than doing a year but I wanted to see how much I use it. If I decide in the next 2 weeks that I want to join for the year then what I paid will be applied to the membership. I'm still not sure. Saturday I went to a spinning class. It was a bit intense for me and the fact that it was in a dark room with 1 string of Christmas lights and 2 black lights for lighting was very strange. The instructor yelled out some instructions every so often but since it was my first time I didn't understand much of it. She told me after the class to try 2 more times to see how I like it then. I guess I will do that.

meanmom 02-29-2016 04:38 PM

I posted the new thread but forgot to post the link. Don't forget to sign up.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...a-t276206.html

meanmom 02-29-2016 04:47 PM

The way that some gyms make their money is from people signing 2 year contracts and then only using it for a month or 2. I learned my lesson on that several years ago. I am a member of the Y and it is month to month. Around here the cheapest place is Planet Fitness. I think it is $10 or $12 a month. I find I do better with a class. I work harder. As you know I love spinning. Try it several times to see if it is for you. The instructor should help you. Also follow what others do. I am disappointed in my weight loss. The pounds seem to be pretty much stuck. My clothes do fit better so that is good. I wore a sweater with leggings the other day. Last time I put it on I took it back off because there were too many bulges in the stomach area. This time it was ok to wear. I guess I need to change up my eating.

pinkflowers 02-29-2016 05:06 PM

I gained too! Ugh! But, I was lazy. I hardly treadmill walked like I usually do and wasn't as careful with my meals. I just felt very blah....maybe the winter blues. I heard on the radio that many people loose their nutrition/exercise commitment in February that they start gung-ho in January. I'm guilty of that!

I am looking forward to Spring to refresh me and get out of this glum.

I'm fasting tonight for morning blood work. I see the doctor next week and he may not be too happy. But that may just be the motivation I need.

I agree with Susanna about fitness places being too expensive. What about a YMCA in your area? Mine has a water aerobics class that I have been considering. Not sure yet. I don't want to pay for anything that I don't actually go to.

I used to see so many early morning walkers at the mall when I use to drop my daughter off to work. They were serious about it...some had hand weights and chugged right along.