Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   FINALLY!! After 3 months of hard work.............. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/finally-after-3-months-hard-work-t20274.html)

littlehud 05-18-2009 07:34 PM

What a difference. And what a lot of work. It looks beautiful now.

RedGarnet222 05-18-2009 08:16 PM

Wow that flood did a lot of damage. Poor baby! You must have been working your little head off to get it back to this state by now.

I promise not to complain about the water shortage we have had here in the desert.

You have had a time of it this year. I am so sorry.

Barb M 05-18-2009 09:02 PM

Izy, i'm so glad you can smile again when you look out (((hugs))) :)

Pats8e8 05-18-2009 09:14 PM

It looks wonderful now, but know it must have been heartbreaking and an awful lof of work to get done again. You did a great job of it.

reneebobby 05-19-2009 02:17 AM

Izzy your house is beautiful. I'm sorry about the flooding but you guys have made it beautiful again with all your hard work. I just LOVE the villa.

Quilting Aggi 05-19-2009 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
Well you know where we are if you fancy a change :D :D :D

OOOh I tooo could handle that kind of change after everything going on here the last few months!!!

I can't feel my arms and legs today from all the lifting of boxes to Mum's new place, and I didn't realize how much of a contortionist I really am! I have this HUGE book shelf that the previous owners left on the wall and I took it down from one of the spare bedrooms and brought it downstairs to my future sewing room. I put two coats of paint on it over the weekend. It's so big I will need Trevor and another fella to actually lift the big monster of a shelf and mount it on the wall!

I would love a vacay at your place Izy! what an amazing place you have there!

Quilting Aggi 05-19-2009 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by Shemjo
OMG! You have been SEW BUSY! I remember when you posted originally. My heart sunk for you, but you have perservered and it looks divine. I hope insurance helped with all that. What about the hunks! Did you get to see lots of skin? :lol:

LMAO!!!

Bevanger 05-19-2009 05:41 AM

wow, you did an awesome job getting it all cleaned up and beautified again. great idea on the fence near hill area. great pics hun. you did great :D

k3n 05-19-2009 07:07 AM

Just caught up with this Izy - WOW you and John have worked hard! I'm so glad it's getting ship shape again. Shame you have to leave it for others to enjoy for a while, but such is life.

K x

Izy 05-19-2009 09:03 AM

Thanks again everyone for your lovely positive vibes, I think when you have been through something like this it distorts our impression of the place, sort of tarnishes it somehow...so it's lovely to hear how much you like the place even though I posted all those horrible pictures :shock:

So thanks everyone for your lovely happy vibes, they are very well received :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Aggi..You sound like you really have your work cut out too, but isn't it a lovely feeling putting your first home together, post pictures soon for us all to see and share it with you too!!

Bev, there was a 'retaining' wall there and lovely plants, but I can't bear to go through the same thing again, so we have had the machine dig a big trench behind there so any silt and debris should mainly stay over there..and if not at least we will just have to clear up mud again and not lose all my lovely plants :?

K...You should still see the rest of the plot...talk about a mess, so if you are free tomorrow afternoon, just pop over and give us a lift to get my veggie plot tidied up, there is about a 100 sqm of dumped rubbish to shift..you up for it?? :lol: