Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   FINALLY!! After 3 months of hard work.............. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/finally-after-3-months-hard-work-t20274.html)

Izy 05-19-2009 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
What a lot of work, in such a short amount of time. Think Sasha was sleeping. I'd get tired, just watching all that.
How often does the weather get that bad, Izy? I hope not for a long, long, time! hopefully, never again. :D

Well we have now spent three winters here and experience once before but nothing like this time....it was not normal weather for Spain, think climate changes are the reason, who knows.....We had been in an official drought for over 5 years uptil this winter :roll: :roll: :roll:

Terri: When Sasha gets too hot, she crashes out in the villa to keep cool...

There is a saying 'only mad dogs and englishmen go out in the mid day sun....well the dog defo has more sense than us in this case :lol: :lol: :lol:

k3n 05-19-2009 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
K...You should still see the rest of the plot...talk about a mess, so if you are free tomorrow afternoon, just pop over and give us a lift to get my veggie plot tidied up, there is about a 100 sqm of dumped rubbish to shift..you up for it?? :lol:

If you could 'beam me up, Izy' I'd be there with bells on!

K x

Izy 05-19-2009 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Shemjo
OMG! You have been SEW BUSY! I remember when you posted originally. My heart sunk for you, but you have perservered and it looks divine. I hope insurance helped with all that. What about the hunks! Did you get to see lots of skin? :lol:

No payout on the insurance...not covered for 'Acts of God'!! :cry: It's cost us in the region of 10,000 Euros to rectify all the damage, and we have done most of it ourselves!!

Now the only 'skin' I got to see was John's flashing abit of builders bum!! :roll: :lol: :D

Izy 05-19-2009 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by k3n

Originally Posted by Izy
K...You should still see the rest of the plot...talk about a mess, so if you are free tomorrow afternoon, just pop over and give us a lift to get my veggie plot tidied up, there is about a 100 sqm of dumped rubbish to shift..you up for it?? :lol:

If you could 'beam me up, Izy' I'd be there with bells on!

K x

Awwhh bless K, I have no doubt you would too!! :D :D :D

k3n 05-19-2009 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Izy

Awwhh bless K, I have no doubt you would too!! :D :D :D

Too right I would - but I'd expect payment in lemon t...curd! Oh and I'm only coming if J keeps his builder's bum to himself! :D :wink:

K x

Izy 05-19-2009 09:32 AM

Yep, and K...the wine is really good and cheap here too!! :lol:

I will make John do a 'Simon Cowl' if you visit then K!! :lol:

k3n 05-19-2009 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
I will make John do a 'Simon Cowl' if you visit then K!! :lol:

Don't know which is worse!

K x

kd124 05-31-2009 03:04 PM

Izy, Your pool area show all your hard work, it looks great. You can definately tell the difference in the lake. Gorgeous view BTW.

amma 05-31-2009 07:27 PM

Beautiful!!! Your hard work is sure paying off!!! I'm sorry you had to go through that...been there and done that myself...I'm glad that you did not lose your home though!!!

Janstar 05-31-2009 07:46 PM

Just caught up with this post Izy. You and John have worked miracles with your place. My hats off to you both!! Hope you have a lovely summer and we expect to see many new projects.