Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   FYI about sitting with your foot tucked under you.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/fyi-about-sitting-your-foot-tucked-under-you-t28518.html)

CajunQuilter2 11-11-2009 06:39 AM

I know what you mean, my chiropracter told me the same thing. he adjusted my pelvic area and the soreness in my neck when I turn my head went away and it had been like that for years. Go figure??

littlehud 11-11-2009 08:13 AM

It's funny how little things we do can cause such bad problems. Thanks for sharing with us.

Barbm 11-11-2009 08:30 AM

I've had bad varicose veins in the past- this is a huge no-no- don't sit on your feet or cross your legs. I never do it- just because I don't want any more gross highways crossing my legs.

Plus, get up and stretch when you're doing your marathon sewing sessions- get the blood flowing again. (I'm checking in here now, doing just that)

Take a few moments to care for yourself!

amma 11-11-2009 12:31 PM

I always have my legs crossed, a foot (feet) tucked under me... I think it is because most chairs are too tall for me to sit on comfortably... I will be rethinking this now, though!!!

MollieSue 11-11-2009 02:30 PM

It is so hard to quit, tucking your foot!!! :(

Mousie 11-11-2009 03:13 PM

well due to a pedestrian accident I don't cross my ankles now, and due to fibromyalgia, can't stand to have any body part compressed.
So, I'm replying to tell you something a chiropracter told my hubby, years ago.
Do not sit on your butt...like on the floor, with legs spread...like we all used to do, to play ball with our babies? remember that?????
well, do not sit this way with legs open and lean forward at the waist and/or hips. Your lower back can go out easily.
oh, and cracking your neck is not good for it, either, so...stop that!
I'm not sure if it's really harmful to crack your knuckles, but can't stand to hear anyone gnawing their nails down to the quick! ewwwww!
chill bumps all up and down my arms, thinking about it :shock:

MadQuilter 11-11-2009 03:28 PM

Having had back surgery, I can say that even old dogs can learn new tricks - such as not tucking legs under. ....or rather I should say that when we DO tuck under, the punishment is fast and furious.

fluffbug95 11-11-2009 03:53 PM

I always do that! Or I put both my feet under me! This is good to know. Thanks for letting us know! :)

MollieSue 11-12-2009 10:52 AM

I went back to my chiropractor for my 2nd, and should be final, adjustment this morning. :D He also gave me an exercise to loosen up a muscle, which apparently has tightened from sitting this way for so long.

It is so nice to move, and walk, and not feel decrepid anymore! I am a Spring Chick once again!! lol!!!!! :D

Mousie 11-12-2009 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by MollieSue
I went back to my chiropractor for my 2nd, and should be final, adjustment this morning. :D He also gave me an exercise to loosen up a muscle, which apparently has tightened from sitting this way for so long.

It is so nice to move, and walk, and not feel decrepid anymore! I am a Spring Chick once again!! lol!!!!! :D

My daughters 'tuck', can you describe the exercise, MollieSue? Almost called you d...old habits, lol :wink: