Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   GRAY HAIR..................OR NOT?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/gray-hair-not-t35744.html)

GMA 02-01-2010 08:37 PM

I quit coloring my hair when I turned 50. Too time consuming and didn't work with my perms. My hair is much healthier and I am what I am.

tlrnhi 02-01-2010 08:37 PM

Color my hair?
Only my hairdresser knows for sure. ;)

Sheila Elaine 02-01-2010 08:37 PM

I'm 62 & have been using color since my 40's. I get depressed when I see the gray growing in, so I start reaching for the color.

butterflywing 02-01-2010 09:01 PM

just started 2 months ago. i went to a party of my peers and i was the only one with grey hair. waaaah? i'm 67.

Jim's Gem 02-01-2010 09:23 PM

I'll be 50 this year and don't have a whole lot of gray, yet. My mother has this beautiful white hair, of course that grew in after her Chemo 25 years ago.
I have naturally blond hair, but it has gotten a darker the past few years so a good friend of mine weave's it for me, to "lighten" my life up a little!! With my blond, I don't think the gray shows up a whole lot.

fabuchicki 02-01-2010 09:24 PM

I'm 39 and I tried growing my hair out last year. I started graying at 25 and I'm about 60% gray now, I guess but this did NOT go over well. My mom's friends told her they thought it made me look old! (My DH wisely didn't say a word! ;-) Also, I have light skin and I think all gray can look stunning on a darker skinned person but it just washed me out so I'm back to brown!

SharonC 02-01-2010 09:37 PM

Let's see...been coloring my hair for so long, that thankfully I have pictures that tell me what my "real" hair color ought to be :) :).
I have white gray hair over about 80% of my head, but for some reason I feel the need to color about once a month. DH has often told me to let it go, I just haven't come to terms with it. I just turned 51 so who knows...maybe when I'm 55, or 60--see I'm already hedging :)

oksewglad 02-01-2010 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
just started 2 months ago. i went to a party of my peers and i was the only one with grey hair. waaaah? i'm 67.

maybe it's because your peers have all colored their hair! One less thing to take up my time--I'd rather be sewing :lol:

Gramof6 02-01-2010 09:56 PM

I've been doing a weave for years and have no plans on stopping. LOL

Miss Kitty 02-01-2010 09:59 PM

I use to color my hair. Nine years ago I retired, My company
went to another country, but was very good to me, and let me stay until I was of retirement age. Since then I had some
health problems. When I worry about something, I don't get
ulcer, my hair falls out. I have dark hair, mingle with
gray. and a spot of white in the back of my head. I tried to
keep it all covered, It was to much of a hassle, so I just
let all the gray show. I'm okay with that. My hair is a lot healthier. BTW, I'm 64.