Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   have you seen this? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/have-you-seen-t60481.html)

ChubbyBunny 08-21-2010 01:18 AM

Thanks for sharing this. I just read through a bunch of her dress days. What an amazing girl.

mom-6 08-21-2010 04:07 AM

Lady Shivesa - taking the sides in is usually pretty easy, especially compared to trying to make it bigger! PM me if you want hints on doing a specific garment. I don't really like to do alterations (or repairs), but I know how. Now that I'm quilting, I can't even get in the mood to do the dress my daughter wants, which is like one I've done for her before.

redkimba 08-21-2010 04:58 AM

I passed this one along to my work "living green" committee. This girl has some mad sewing skills.

I may try to do something like this next year; it's just too crazy this year...

littlehud 08-21-2010 06:24 AM

Wow, she is awesome.

Lady Shivesa 08-21-2010 11:43 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by mom-6
Lady Shivesa - taking the sides in is usually pretty easy, especially compared to trying to make it bigger! PM me if you want hints on doing a specific garment. I don't really like to do alterations (or repairs), but I know how. Now that I'm quilting, I can't even get in the mood to do the dress my daughter wants, which is like one I've done for her before.

I may PM you soon!

This blog inspired me to try changing some of my own dresses which I don't wear because I don't like the way they look or fit. I can't do the things this lady can do, but take a look at what I did to this dress that was bothering me.

Before
[ATTACH=CONFIG]101283[/ATTACH]

Before
[ATTACH=CONFIG]101284[/ATTACH]

After
[ATTACH=CONFIG]101285[/ATTACH]

Butterflyblue 08-21-2010 01:28 PM

Sometimes she comes up with a dud, but a lot of the time, she really does make something I'd consider wearable. I wish I could do that. I do refashion stuff sometimes, but mine are more frequently duds, and I just can't "see" the potential like she can.

angieh1964 08-22-2010 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by Lady Shivesa

Originally Posted by mom-6

I may PM you soon!

This blog inspired me to try changing some of my own dresses which I don't wear because I don't like the way they look or fit. I can't do the things this lady can do, but take a look at what I did to this dress that was bothering me.

looks good i know some of the stuff was ugly i think what i liked about the whole thing is she is doing this on a dollar a day we could all take a lesson from the recycling part we all complain about the prices of our sewing stuff but there are ways to cut back
take yesterday for example i made a new purse for one of my friends and she told me to do what ever i wanted with the old one this is what i got :
3 magnetic snaps still perfect condition
strapping just needs washed
a nice zipper looks new
rings and hooks (purse hardware)
so out of this free purse that was going in the trash i got about $10 - $15 worth of stuff to use on a new purse for me or someone also less stuff going to landfill SCORE, CHA-CHING!
money in my pocket or should i say for more stash lol!