Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   HELP!!! I have never had a TOY (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/help-i-have-never-had-toy-t136918.html)

raedar63 07-20-2011 06:51 PM

I have a friend that does doxie rescue, they have very strong presonalities and are not for the weak. You mush remain the "alpha" and never let her sence your frustration, they know when they push your buttons lol. Very smart little devils lol

jaciqltznok 07-20-2011 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by raedar63
I have a friend that does doxie rescue, they have very strong presonalities and are not for the weak. You mush remain the "alpha" and never let her sence your frustration, they know when they push your buttons lol. Very smart little devils lol

oh let me tell ya..that little 12" demon dog can get a face on like granite...you can call her, whistle, etc..if SHE don't want to move she won't...we have a German stand off a time or two now...but tonight she wanted nothing more than to have mommy pick her up and snuggle...of course I was busy putting a label on a quilt!

purplefiend 07-20-2011 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by deniseswanton2
the only thing i really know about those dogs is that they are super hard to house break and some never do get fully house broke, show her your in charge for sure

My parents used to raise mini dachshunds and kept 3, they were never fully house broken. I love them to death, but the house breaking issue is why I won't have one.

jaciqltznok 07-20-2011 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend

the only thing i really know about those dogs is that they are super hard to house break and some never do get fully house broke, show her your in charge for sure

My parents used to raise mini dachshunds and kept 3, they were never fully house broken. I love them to death, but the house breaking issue is why I won't have one.

she is doing fine...now that she know who to go and and how to ring our bell...had to lower it for her though..hehehe

the other people just let her jump up at them..I won't have it...even the vet today used an alpha voice and set her down...she did fine after the second attempt to jump up at her...
it has only been a bit over a week now...I think she will do fine...

purplefiend 07-20-2011 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok

Originally Posted by purplefiend

she is doing fine...now that she know who to go and and how to ring our bell...had to lower it for her though..hehehe

the other people just let her jump up at them..I won't have it...even the vet today used an alpha voice and set her down...she did fine after the second attempt to jump up at her...
it has only been a bit over a week now...I think she will do fine...

I'm glad she is doing better.