Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Honey BooBoo (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/honey-booboo-t209799.html)

AuntieD 01-01-2013 02:42 PM

HBB is no better/worse than most other shows on tv. Those housewives/sisterwives/etc are of the same genre. These shows are inexpensive to make and probably very lucrative for the producers. So many channels are constant repeats that I became a member of netflix to get some shows I like to watch. I watched the show with the dance moms and changed the channel pretty fast. Glad I have a remote so I can channel surf til I find something to watch.

Jan in VA 01-01-2013 02:43 PM

"The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America" Have you ever heard of this?
The HBB 'phenomenon' is just following a long pattern. Read the reviews on the link for thoughts to curl your toes.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/096...n=&s=&v=glance

Jan in VA

LivelyLady 01-01-2013 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Lori S (Post 5754114)
I find her to be in the same category with Jerry Springer.... and really is there nothing better to put on TV?

My feelings exactly! Amazing that there are sooooo many people who find it entertaining that it stay on the air.

Greyhound Mom 01-01-2013 04:44 PM

Think you have to wonder what type of person finds the show entertaining!!!!!

alikat110 01-01-2013 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by EllieGirl (Post 5754094)
Has anyone seen this child who is frequently talked about on morning shows? She seems pretty annoying and how did she get to be a TV personality?

As society dictates what is put on television.......

Chasing Hawk 01-01-2013 05:26 PM

She is just a chubby Kim Kardashian. Her whole family just turns my stomach. It's embarrassing to know people from other countries maybe watching this and thinking we are all like that. And her Mom should be slapped into next week for letting her drink that gawd awful concoction of Mountain Dew and Red Bull.

nativetexan 01-01-2013 05:31 PM

they say Society dictates, i think it's the people who sell their products in commercials that keep the shows on. Don't ask me which commercials because i don't watch those either. I watched a movie the other day i love and watch again when ever it comes on, called Enchanted April with Miranda Richardson and Joan Plowright. My friend in England hadn't heard of it and will now watch out for it. she also loves Downton Abbey, me too! better TV.

Sheila_H 01-01-2013 05:36 PM

I think it's cruel to do this to a child of any kind, at one point in time she was doing beauty pageants and then they basically make a mockery out of the region of that she comes from. I don't think they should allow anyone to make someone out to be a huge joke I think it's a cruel thing to do to anyone. If half of what they show on there is true I'm surprised that DHS is not involved, they have no plumbing with that many people in the home and a newborn as well, getting stuff out of dumpsters, I fail to see the humor in it and refuse to watch it.

Maribeth 01-01-2013 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk (Post 5755583)
She is just a chubby Kim Kardashian. Her whole family just turns my stomach. It's embarrassing to know people from other countries maybe watching this and thinking we are all like that. And her Mom should be slapped into next week for letting her drink that gawd awful concoction of Mountain Dew and Red Bull.

I was just thinking the same thing when I caught the show today switching the channels.

btw, love, love, love your photo. Is that one of your squirrels?

Central Ohio Quilter 01-01-2013 06:31 PM

I had no idea what a HBB was until I saw her on the Barbara Walters show a couple weeks ago. I couldn't believe what a horrible child she is and how horrible the public fascination with her is. What could the parents be thinking?

Many years someone refered to TV as a vast wasteland. It still is! There is way too often nothing worth watching on TV.