Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   How does Prednisone affect you?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/how-does-prednisone-affect-you-t93373.html)

NancyArtCrafts 01-24-2011 07:20 AM

hunger and puffiness; sigh....good luck to you and hope you feel better

renee765 01-24-2011 07:26 AM

Boy, when I'm on Prednisone (for asthma) I cannot feel full. I can eat a whole plate full of food and still be hungry. I think it turns off my 'full' notice.

Shermy 01-24-2011 07:28 AM

I have Rhumotoid Arthritis and have been on Prednisone for approx. 5 years now.. I have gained 20 pounds and I'm always hungry. I have to take a short nap everyday or else I can't function.. I'm also on Remicade which helps stop the disease from progressing but is a very strong drug.. Hang in there, we all have something we have to deal with.

thequiltmama 01-24-2011 07:35 AM

I definitely agree, I have been very blessed in life and this is a minor hiccup :-)

Originally Posted by Shermy
I have Rhumotoid Arthritis and have been on Prednisone for approx. 5 years now.. I have gained 20 pounds and I'm always hungry. I have to take a short nap everyday or else I can't function.. I'm also on Remicade which helps stop the disease from progressing but is a very strong drug.. Hang in there, we all have something we have to deal with.

thequiltmama 01-24-2011 08:05 AM

SERIOUSLY!!! I just ate a bagel and I am hungry again. ugh :-(

irishrose 01-24-2011 08:15 AM

I find that Pred weight doesn't leave when the script is finished. I agree with the tiredness, too.

thequiltmama 01-24-2011 08:18 AM

I agree with the weight thing, you just can't get rid of it after. That is part of the reason I was so reluctant to go back on, I definitely don't want to gain another 10 pounds that I can't lose. :-(

Originally Posted by irishrose
I find that Pred weight doesn't leave when the script is finished. I agree with the tiredness, too.

dpparris 01-24-2011 08:23 AM

My husband gets the munchies BAD, tries to eat me out of house and home. He was on it 2 weeks and gained 10 pounds.

laureneberhard 01-24-2011 09:26 AM

I also have a autoimmune muscle disease. I was also hungry all the time, but instead of being sleepy, I was wide awake almost all the time....only slept 2 to 3 hrs a day, but had no energy to do anything...talk about wasted time. I took the max of Pred for 5 years and another 2 to get off of it. If I were told I had to take it again, I'd have to think long and hard about it. Some days I felt like I was in another world. Why people take drugs they don't have to is a mystery to me. Hopefully you can get off that 'good' stuff very soon.

thequiltmama 01-24-2011 09:27 AM

2 weeks and I should be done Yah!!

Originally Posted by laureneberhard
I also have a autoimmune muscle disease. I was also hungry all the time, but instead of being sleepy, I was wide awake almost all the time....only slept 2 to 3 hrs a day, but had no energy to do anything...talk about wasted time. I took the max of Pred for 5 years and another 2 to get off of it. If I were told I had to take it again, I'd have to think long and hard about it. Some days I felt like I was in another world. Why people take drugs they don't have to is a mystery to me. Hopefully you can get off that 'good' stuff very soon.