Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I cannot remove my tennis bracelet. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-cannot-remove-my-tennis-bracelet-t258913.html)

AZ Jane 12-30-2014 08:30 AM

If you are concerned about losing jewelry, you can usually get better fittings from a jeweler. Especially diamond earrings. I had the posts and backings changed to the screw type and I never lose them. Yes, Ladies, use them!!

maryb119 12-30-2014 08:43 AM

Having worked in a jewelry store, it is a safety clasp so ensure you will not lose the bracelet. Wear it and enjoy it. Why have jewelry if you are not going to enjoy it?

lynnie 12-30-2014 01:39 PM

I was in jewelry for years. I wear all my jewelry all the time. my tennis bracelet hasn't left my wrist sine I bought it a year ago. My colored stone sets, I swap out. I wear some in the winter and some in the summer. I swap the colored stones out, wear diamonds all the time. all the jewelry that I know of that has been stolen was when people weren't wearing it. Myself included. My amethysts were stolen when I was wearing something else, and didn't put it in the safe. I try to only keep two kinds out at a time now. Right now, it's rubies and pearls. Diamonds are always out, they I wear with my jeans all the time. ENJOY IT!!! you can't enjoy it in the safe.

NJ Quilter 12-30-2014 03:37 PM

I wear my diamond tennis bracelet 24/7. In fact, have worn out the linkage and had to replace the bracelet itself (with the stones reset) 3 times over the last 20 years. I'm another that will also wear diamond earrings with jeans - why not. Diamonds go with everything!

lynnie 12-30-2014 04:18 PM

NJ Quilter----yes, diamonds and for that matter, goes well with jeans and sneakers and t shirts

You'll also see me wearing the above with my female mink coat. why not.

Evy 12-30-2014 04:28 PM

The older I get, the more I realize saving the "good stuff" is no longer practical. Use the good china for ham sandwiches, wear the diamonds when you're cleaning house. You simply cannot take even the "good stuff" with you!

Sandygirl 12-30-2014 05:26 PM

Get exchanges, esp when it started out unclasping a bracelet. Get out the baubles, ladies, and wear them!

Sandy

KalamaQuilts 12-30-2014 05:30 PM

I wear mine 24/7. I had the jeweler squeeze down that little clippy thing on the side. Ever so often I go in and have stuff cleaned. You might have banged your wrist on something and did your own squeezing?

Wear it, you are worth it. Why let your heirs have the pleasure?

coopah 12-31-2014 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by MarleneC (Post 7026680)
Billi, thank you for the advice to wear the diamond studs that I have had for a number of years. Like so many I worry that I will lose one but what good are they to me in the jewelry box. MarleneC

My diamond stud earrings have a screw on setting. The jewelry store swapped the regular snap on or push on setting for a small fee. It was worth the money not to have to worry about losing an earring. (I do that a LOT!)

Kalama, you are so right! Wear them! My husband's SIL was a second wife for 33 years. At her memorial service one of the daughters from the first 5 year marriage wore my SILs: diamond earrings, matching pendant, and bracelet...and I'm talking diamonds that were not small. Tacky, tacky, tacky. IMHO The girls never were very nice to the second wife. It was difficult to see one of them wearing all the jewelry like that. I wish she'd donated those pieces to the Humane Society or wherever.

ladydukes 12-31-2014 08:15 AM

LavendarBlue, I have a tennis bracelet that I have to push in on a side button to get it off as well. Most of the time, I get my DH to take it off for me.