Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   i forgot to renew my drivers license! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-forgot-renew-my-drivers-license-t90051.html)

Darlene 01-13-2011 04:21 AM

They send out notices here.

buslady 01-13-2011 04:30 AM

I did that once, went a couple months before I noticed. Ours are for 4 years, and I hold a CDL, so it is Very Important not to screw up on that. LOL

AgapeStitches 01-13-2011 04:36 AM

NC no longer sends out reminders (although they say they send them) to save money...bunch of bull...was late getting mine a couple of times.

LoisN 01-13-2011 06:01 AM

Many years ago, my DH forgot to renew his license. We had moved and the reminder didn't get forwarded to our new address. A Walmart checker noticed it when checking his ID when he wrote a check. He had to retake the written and the driving portions of the test. The written test wasn't a big deal. He went to take the driving portion and the officer told him to make a left turn. He did.....onto a one-way street (going the wrong way). She stopped him and she drove back to the office and told him that he had flunked the test and if he drove off the parking lot (without a valid license), he would have him arrested. He tried to call me at work to come and get him and I was out of my office. So...he had to call his boss and have him come down and rescue him. I had to take off work the next day to take him to another small town nearby to retake the driving portion of the test. Funny...he got the same officer and passed. The nearby town doesn't have any one-way streets. We still laugh about that. It was probably 25 years ago. haha

sueisallaboutquilts 01-13-2011 07:54 AM

We get reminders too. I'm such an air-head about these things :D

nativetexan 01-13-2011 08:03 AM

mine's coming up on my Birthday. must remember that.

sharon b 01-13-2011 08:03 AM

No reminders here and our state likes to keep you guessing - seems they change the format and length every couple years :roll: Which reminds me I better check to see when mine expires :thumbup: LOL

Maggiemay 01-13-2011 08:30 AM

We get reminders, but that will probably change with the new budget cuts being made here! I renew mine online too- so easy!

Quiltforme 01-13-2011 07:50 PM

Well I did it and it only took 15 minutes. Thought I would also treat myself to a trip to a new quilt store. Wrong the GPS too me to the right address just that they were an online store only! Oh well I did find a 14" hand quilting hoop on sale for $2 at another store so I am happy!

hperttula123 01-13-2011 08:58 PM

I didn't get a reminder, but when I realized it and went and renewed it...got into a small accident about an hour later. I was so glad I renewed it when I did. It was the other persons fault and they took off.