Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I love Cooper, I love Cooper, I love Cooper. . . (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-love-cooper-i-love-cooper-i-love-cooper-t176652.html)

auntpiggylpn 01-24-2012 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Highmtn (Post 4905675)
How well I know that... and I'm soooo happy you are doing what you're doing. There are sooo many sad cases out there... and the current economy has so many people flailing financially things just get worse for their children and pets.

((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))) keep on doing what you're doing... we do make a difference in the long run! When it comes to pet rescue (even fostering) I say "If you cannot do great things... you can do small things in a great way".. and it can mean the world to an abused/abandoned pet.

Off to work...

Off to class!

quiltmau 01-24-2012 09:17 AM

trouble looking for a place to happen!--Cooper what a beautiful fur baby.

My current babies are so good that I just know that the next fur baby is going to be a terror!

Cheshirecatquilter 01-24-2012 09:40 AM

How could anyone get mad at that face? He probably just wanted you to re-use the stuffing to make dog squeaky toys.

SuzanneG 01-24-2012 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn (Post 4903397)
Cooper has really been a good boy! He has only chewed on a couple of things since we brought him home in September. He did chew up my brand new car charger for my camera last week but I DID leave it where he could get it. We never yell at him or strike him as we are sure he was not treated well before becoming a stray. He knows when he is bad just by the tone of our voice. We crate him only when we aren't home because he has such separation anxiety. I just laughed when I saw the mess this morning as the other dog and cat were just watching him go at it! It was an ugly pillow anyway!!!

You sound like a lovely, understanding pet owner! You are an angel for rescuing this dog (who is an incredibly handsome fellow, by the way!)

I love that you didn't yell at him for chewing the pillow. Many other pet owners would have because they don't stop to realize that dogs don't think the same way we do. To your dog, that pillow is a toy, pure and simple. He wasn't being "bad", he was just being a dog. Of course they have to learn not to do these things, but that is best accomplished with positive reinforcement for good behavior, not punishment for what we don't want them to do. But if he loves to chew, I would recommend bully sticks. They are a fabulous alternative to rawhide (which in my opinion are terrible and should never be used). My dog just loves them and it keeps her and her teeth busy for quite a long time.

JeannieT 01-24-2012 09:44 AM

he doesn't look guilty........

huntannette 01-24-2012 09:44 AM

Wow...you are way more patient than i would be...lol good thing you love him!!!

anniesews 01-24-2012 10:09 AM

Poor pillow. Our son has a Huskey who does this everytime they leave him alone.

Grinster 01-24-2012 10:52 AM

Cooper must have thought you were never coming back and needed to express his fear...This happened to us with a Golden Retriever named Ruby. She chewed up 2 big couch cushions. The family room looked like an explosion of stuffing had happened.

JanieH 01-24-2012 11:00 AM

"You love Cooper! You love Cooper!" Yes, we will all join in to that mantra!

sewgray 01-24-2012 11:11 AM

With a face like that he could get away with anything he wants to.