Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I should have listened to you guys (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-should-have-listened-you-guys-t81329.html)

fayza 12-07-2010 07:07 PM

Don't feel bad. I have a problem saying no too. Even when I know its an almost imposible task :( It sounds like you have it all worked out though, and I think you've made the best choice under the circumstances. (Just my opinion)

pal 12-07-2010 07:20 PM

"What takes NERVE to ask

Takes NO NERVE to refuse."

You are being manipulated - and that's a horrible place to be.

laureneberhard 12-07-2010 07:29 PM

Give her everything back. She broke the agreement. (I watch Judge Marilyn Milan and that is what she would say!) and don't feel bad about it. You can do it...NO repeat NO repeat NO :thumbup:

sewgull 12-07-2010 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by trueimage
I'd still tell her no and have her come pick up her fabric. It's not worth the stress.

You don't owe her anything today or even next month. She knows what she is doing.

tjradj 12-07-2010 07:40 PM

My favorite quote (for you to her): "Lack of planning on YOUR part does NOT constitute a crisis on mine."

True.
Stand in front of the mirror until you can say the refusal speech without emotion. Then call her.
Give her the fabric back. Tell her you're not able to do it because she did not meet the agreed arrangements.
Then close the door and walk away. You OWE her nothing.

There is no use arguing, or negotiating with people like this because they just don't get it.

Move on to people who appreciate you.

debbieumphress 12-07-2010 07:46 PM

Ditto to everyone above. YOu need to call her and have her pick it up and tell her exactly what you told us above. NO. Happy holidays.

plainjane 12-07-2010 08:36 PM

I do hope you can have the courage to tell her that her not letting you know in a timely fashion, voided the deal -especially since SHE picked the time being the next day. A time limit for her to take advantage has certainly expired! I hope we can all have the little voices of "the board" to confirm our first thoughts! Why should you sacrifice your limited time, especially before the holidays, for a stranger? Boy, I'm giving myself a that same lecture!! :)

isnthatodd 12-07-2010 08:40 PM

Repeat after me: NO!NO!NO! I have finally learned how to say it and it is amazing how good it feels!!! Just wish I hadn't waited until I was 60 :lol:

trisha 12-07-2010 08:48 PM

I totally agree with everyone.....you are the one that will suffer for trying to please someone else....a stranger yet. It is one thing when it is family....but pleeeeze, you will never see her again. Tell her thanks, but no thanks, she isn't doing you any favors!!

CarrieAnne 12-07-2010 08:58 PM

I have a hard time saying no too!