Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I should have listened to you guys (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-should-have-listened-you-guys-t81329.html)

rebeccalr 12-08-2010 11:40 AM

Some people are just so selfish. They are also SO clueless about the time and effort that is required to make things. I say all of that to say that I also have a hard time saying no, but I am learning to do it more and more.

cowpie2 12-08-2010 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA

Originally Posted by trueimage
I'd still tell her no and have her come pick up her fabric. It's not worth the stress.

DEFINITELY!!
This is incredibly ballsy behavior. In the interest of helping her break such habits and refrain inflicting them on others in the future, turn her down NOW!

My favorite quote (for you to her): "Lack of planning on YOUR part does NOT constitute a crisis on mine."

Jan in VA

I second this thought. She changed the terms of the agreement several times, her crisis should not become yours. I would just let her know that because it is now so much later than when you originally agreed to make 1 you no longer have the time.

Shemjo 12-08-2010 11:59 AM

It is hard when you are a good person to deal with users! It is okay to turn her down even at this late date. Just let it sit, and do nothing. You do not have to respond to her at all. If she has been a TERRIFIC customer in the past, MAYBE you can decide to do something in the future, but you don't have to stress yourself now.

koko 12-08-2010 01:17 PM

I'd still tell her no and have her come pick up her fabric. It's not worth the stress.

DEFINITELY!!
This is incredibly ballsy behavior. In the interest of helping her break such habits and refrain inflicting them on others in the future, turn her down NOW!

My favorite quote (for you to her): "Lack of planning on YOUR part does NOT constitute a crisis on mine."

Jan in VA

I love that quote.

Woodster 12-08-2010 02:32 PM

DEFINITELY!!

Jan in VA

This is going in my repertoire, if I may infringe!! Love it and need it often!

mountain deb 12-08-2010 02:34 PM

When we do not listen to that angel, we pay the price. If we learned from this then it was wortth it, if not....

Still listening to my angel give me heck for a few things.

kathidahl 12-08-2010 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by sewgull

You don't owe her anything today or even next month. She knows what she is doing.

I second the motion....and it is passed!!!

quiltmom04 12-08-2010 04:48 PM

I think we so often try to please everyone when we can, and that's when others can take advantage of us!

butterflywing 12-08-2010 06:29 PM

don't do it. you'll be sorry.

if she thinks that there's enough fabric for more than one, and you only give her one, she'll think you stiffed her on the fabric. she's not reliable and i wouldn't go near her. i also wouldn't trust her to pay up.

i'd call and say when you didn't hear from her, you assumed she had changed her mind and you made other commitments. you hope that she keeps you in mind for any future products she may need.

in reality, she had a lot of nerve dropping everything off with you not there to discuss the project.

brushandthimble 12-08-2010 07:57 PM

I totally agree, also she must know there is not enought fabric, you would have told her the yardage needed for one jacket, never mind two.
Please let us know the outcome.