Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I'm not depressed but... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/im-not-depressed-but-t88964.html)

awf60 01-10-2011 04:48 PM

I don't listen to the news anymore, too depressing~

FQ Stash Queen 01-10-2011 04:50 PM

The Board IS my idea of news. It's about the only news I care much about. So, thanks for creating such a loving safe place to be.

suebee 01-10-2011 04:51 PM

Amen!!

maryb119 01-10-2011 04:52 PM

Looking in at this board is one of the first things I do each day. I have enjoyed meeting so many people hear and laughing and crying with everyone. I am so glad I found this place.

adrianlee 01-10-2011 05:32 PM

Yes, I come here too to recharge my battery. So many sad things going on. Even tho' I didn't know the little girl in Tucson or the other people I sure cried. When 9/11 happened my boss had to send us all home, we just couldn't function and work. During the Vietnam War I stopped watching the news, so upsetting, just like Iraq. When I'm in my sewing room buried in projects the world is beautiful. I keep praying.

libbyboi 01-10-2011 06:10 PM

When there is so much going on in the world, it is nice to have a place to recharge and put our minds at peace. But we can't escape the world or hide. I read my bible and pray for those who are in trouble. I don't know if it helps them but I find I can go on, because no matter how bad thing get I know I can get thru it. I find beauty and peace in the natural world and little thing aroung us,grand children,pets, flowers, gardens , snow covered mountains, etc.
I watched the planes that morning going into the buildings, and When I thought we were at war on our soil, I started to think about what to do if we were hit in the oil refinery near me. I lived on Galveston Island and there is only one bridge off the island that goes right by those refineies.
My survival kicked in, so no matter what happens we do find a way to survive and go on. Don't put you head in the sand too long,just long enough to recharge and then full speed ahead, we are Americans and "can do" is in our genes.My folks came here 300 years ago and I don't think they would want us to stick our heads in the sand and let evil take over.That is not an option for Americans.

Katz13203 01-10-2011 07:17 PM

This place always puts a smile on my face:)

melslove 01-10-2011 07:19 PM

I agree!

wolph33 01-10-2011 08:07 PM

ya this is a mostly happy upbeat place to hang out. nice dog pic

adrianlee 01-10-2011 08:38 PM

Thanks libbyboi. Your family came here 300 years ago. My family line was already here, Native Americans, the Indians. I'm glad they learned to work together to build this country. This country, like the quilts, is made of different colors and I hope the basic concept of freedom will keep the nation great. Stay positive.