Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Jay Leno - comments about overweight/fat people (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/jay-leno-comments-about-overweight-fat-people-t130493.html)

Annaquilts 06-14-2011 04:32 PM

Hmmm isn't he a bit hefty? I am a big girl myself. :-P I don't watch him as I do not care for his style.

icon17 06-14-2011 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Jay Leno seems to make a lot of comments about overweight/fat people.

He makes it seem that all of us that have weight problems are gluttons and/or lazy :hunf:

Hes not so Thin his self!

moonrise 06-14-2011 06:06 PM

I don't watch or listen to any "comedian" who makes fun of people with problems or traits they can't help. That's cruelty, not humor (IMO). :cry:

Sheila_H 06-14-2011 06:10 PM

I have no use for any of them I don't find them the least bit funny. When Johnny did the Tonight Show for all those years he was always a great laugh and he didn't have to insult a group of people or use foul language and he'd have me almost in tears with laughter.

I'm surprised at how society has accepted the use of foul language as just part of our every day culture. Only when they get sued or a celebrity calls them out do they ever apologize for something they said. Then I don't think it's even them apologizing for the comment, they're just reading it from the cue cards from the show.

Threadedneedle 06-14-2011 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Jay Leno seems to make a lot of comments about overweight/fat people.

He makes it seem that all of us that have weight problems are gluttons and/or lazy :hunf:

And that is why I never watch him!!!!

leatheflea 06-14-2011 06:27 PM

He isnt skinny, I think maybe he might be laughing at himself. Thats a good attitude to have about any "issue"

Gramie bj 06-14-2011 09:36 PM

My mother who is rail thin has always said (if God wanted all of us to be skinnie he would not have given us strechie skin.look deeper, its just flesh and bone)

dreamboat 06-14-2011 09:48 PM

[quote=Sadiemae]I don't like the one who was accused of harassment either, but I can't remember his name.[
His name is David Letterman. I don't watch either one of them.
They are always cracked jokes at other people and they are both boring.

Sadiemae 06-14-2011 10:06 PM

[quote=dreamboat]

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
I don't like the one who was accused of harassment either, but I can't remember his name.[
His name is David Letterman. I don't watch either one of them.
They are always cracked jokes at other people and they are both boring.

Thanks, I couldn't think of his name.

Jim 06-14-2011 10:30 PM

Amazing how the so called "comedians" aren't funny and make so much money..I don't watch any of them. I just put them into the category of...

People who don't matter...don't matter