Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Jay Leno - comments about overweight/fat people (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/jay-leno-comments-about-overweight-fat-people-t130493.html)

kathidahl 06-15-2011 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by montanajan
Big difference between Jay Leno & the old Johnny Carson Show - Johnny always made fun of himself and Leno pokes fun at other's expense. I don't watch him for that reason. Its a cruel form of comedy IMHO.

AMEN!

GiGi 06-15-2011 06:23 AM

Nice chin!

GiGi 06-15-2011 06:24 AM

Isn't it amazing that females get treated like lepers when they are overweight and men get coddled.....I'm just sayin....GiGi

merchjag 06-15-2011 06:46 AM

Amen!!! I have lost weight over the period of my life( not over yet) and I did notice when I was thin the Doctors and others treated me like I was smart-when i gained weight they acted like I was stupid and had lost my brains for every lb I gained. I got angry and told one of them that I was still the same person and didn't appreciate being treated any differently. Karma is a b--ch-he now weighs over 300 lbs. Do I treat him differently-no he's still a jerk.I agree be proud of who you are and walk with your head held high-don't let anyone treat you that way.

Ladyjanedoe 06-15-2011 06:49 AM

It's so refreshing to read so many openminded and positive comments. The media gets us all hung on people for no other reason than they are young , thin, and attractive. All people have value and beauty.

J Carol 06-15-2011 06:58 AM

You know he ISN'T a petite person either!!!

luvstoquilt 06-15-2011 07:37 AM

I miss Johnny, Jack Paar and Steve Allen. TV used to be great.

quiltmom04 06-15-2011 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by quilter on the eastern edge

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Jay Leno seems to make a lot of comments about overweight/fat people.

He makes it seem that all of us that have weight problems are gluttons and/or lazy :hunf:

Is this the skinny Jay Leno that we don't know about or the chubby one that's on TV all the time? :hunf:

Hahaha! That's what I was thinking!!

ptquilts 06-15-2011 07:48 AM

Johnny Carson wasn't any saint either - he had a BIG feud with Wayne Newton for years because he made several snarky jokes implying Wayne was a homosexual. A Cheap shot in my opinion. You can look it up.

sueisallaboutquilts 06-15-2011 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Yooper32

Originally Posted by montanajan
Big difference between Jay Leno & the old Johnny Carson Show - Johnny always made fun of himself and Leno pokes fun at other's expense. I don't watch him for that reason. Its a cruel form of comedy IMHO.

My feeling exactly. There hasn't been a great comic since Johnny Carson in my opinion.

Johnny Carson was the best!!! He kept me company from my babysitting years and beyond!!
He WAS funny !!
Edit to say- no he probably wasn't a saint but his show was really fun. I don't really care about the rest!