Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Jay Leno - comments about overweight/fat people (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/jay-leno-comments-about-overweight-fat-people-t130493.html)

sewn3w 06-15-2011 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by constantly55

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Comics thinks anything is fair game for a laugh. I despise the humor of Kathy Griffin, Chelsea Lately and the other women comic who make fun of stay at home moms and anyone that have Christian beliefs. I like Jerry Sienfield, Ray Romero, Tim Allen, type of stand up comedy.

I'm with you.......I really cannot stand to watch Kathy Griffin especially......there is no humor there for me.
There are numerous comics that I won't listen to because of my Christian beliefs and their language.

Ditto here. I am amazed that some of these so called comics can make a living at being mean. Where is Red Skelton when we need him???

ptquilts 06-15-2011 08:15 AM

let's face it, it is hard to be a comedian without stepping on someone's toes. Otherwise you are just standing there saying, How about this weather?

Sadiemae 06-15-2011 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
let's face it, it is hard to be a comedian without stepping on someone's toes. Otherwise you are just standing there saying, How about this weather?

There is a difference between stepping on someone's toes and being cruel. Just a thought...

bearisgray 06-15-2011 08:47 AM

Actually, I was thinking that Leno was looking trimmer, lately.

I don't have much sympathy for people that "behave badly" getting skewered by the comedians.

Maybe they think that "overeaters" are "behaving badly"?

I was thinking that the ACLU jumps in when certain words are said, etc etc - and that "fat" people are "unprotected" - comparatively speaking.

chance 06-15-2011 09:26 AM

I stopped watching him long ago when he made nasty remarks about gifts from Walmart. SO many people cannot afford more than a lower priced gift and I'm sure it hurt a lot of people's feelings. (It's the thought that counts) And yes, he is quite chubby himself.

brendadawg 06-15-2011 10:17 AM

Never have liked Jay Leno. And I also refuse to watch Kathy Griffin. Her comedy is lewd and repulsiveness.

I love Jeannie Robertson. Ever seen her comedy??

cazann 06-15-2011 10:36 AM

Ooohh, that makes me so cross, i'm overweight and i'm neither lazy or a glutton, but disabled and unable to move around much, that means no walking the dogs, no gardening like i used to, even the local gym won't sign me as they said they can't insure me, so not everyone should be tarred with the same brush,

Nikki and Co. 06-15-2011 10:44 AM

He gets his laughs at other people's expense, I quit watching his show for that reason.

TexasGurl 06-15-2011 11:37 AM

I haven't watched Jay Leno in years ... Boring ! the same old stuff ... I change the channel quick after the 10 pm news !
Funny that he should joke about "fat" folks ... cause he doesn't look exactly slim & trim HIMSELF !! :roll:

TexasGurl 06-15-2011 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
Johnny Carson wasn't any saint either - he had a BIG feud with Wayne Newton for years because he made several snarky jokes implying Wayne was a homosexual. A Cheap shot in my opinion. You can look it up.

... so, Wayne Newton ISN'T gay ??? Who knew ?? :wink: