Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   job interview?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/job-interview-t141939.html)

DottyD 08-02-2011 02:55 AM

Good luck, I think you have all the answers here to do well, do let us know how you get on !!

SharBear 08-02-2011 03:04 AM

1. Dress appropriately.

2. Don't chew gum; turn OFF your cell phone before you go in!

3. When you shake hands with someone don't "dead fish" them - shake their hand firmly.

4. Don't fidgit; toss hair, say "um"

5. Stress your positives - at this point you have little job experience so use what you have in your life - responsibility; civic minded; on time; dependable!

6. Remember to ask when you can expect to hear from them.

There is no reason not to carry a small notebook or portfolio with questions / tips / things you want to remember with you and refer to it --

GOOD LUCK!

smagruder 08-02-2011 03:19 AM

You enjoy helping people and you are a TEAM PLAYER! Smile, look the interviewer in the eye. You have good work ethics, believe in always being on time, willing to learn and accept advice. Good luck.... I bet you leave with an offer of a job. Let us know how you do. We are all pulling for you. Always..... tell them how you can make a great company better.

sarahrachel 08-02-2011 04:30 AM

thank you all! and I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes when I get back. I binded a lap quilt this morning to calm me down, but I finished it and the nerves are back. Send prayers my way and I'll probably using all your tips. The hardest will be not saying um. I have my hair tied back so I don't have to worry about that. deep breaths.

SuzyQ 08-02-2011 04:41 AM

No advice to add .... just good luck!

Susan

star619 08-02-2011 05:03 AM

Prayers and best wishes for you! Let us know.

flowerjoy 08-02-2011 05:48 AM

It is so good that you are thinking ahead like this... that is exactly what employers want... now to answer your question... maybe you could say something like because "people love to come to Walmart since the prices are so good and you like to serve happy people" ?? Good luck... you are probably already on your way by now... let us know how you do.

Amythyst02 08-02-2011 06:01 AM

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. The tips folks have given you are all great, so no need to add more. Besides hopefully your on your way, so as not to be late!

Good luck, let us know how you did!

Nan Quilts 08-02-2011 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Learner747
While answering questions always look them in the eye. If you don't know the answer, don't wing it. Simply say, "I don't know." As to why you want to work there, tell them you know that it is a good company, a stable company, and there may be opportunities for advancement.

Ditto!! And good luck! Praying for a successful interview!

:D :thumbup:

bamamama 08-02-2011 07:12 AM

Just smile and appear friendly, confident and eager to work and excel. Don't forget to ask questions yourself, such as what kind of advancement oppourtnities are there with the company? Do you promote from within? Does the company have any kind of tution reimbursement should I get the opportunity to further my education.

Good Luck!