Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   June weight loss (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/june-weight-loss-t247544.html)

irishrose 06-30-2014 11:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My GS married a girl from China, but the wedding was here - just 100+ miles. He was teaching EASL classes - ( whoops, English As a Second Language) students and found his wife there. It was an interesting wedding. The bridesmaids and groomsmen were African, Vietnamese, Chinese, Spanish and 3 North Americans - the groom, his brother and a friend. This is only a partial picture.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]481041[/ATTACH]

Pat, I know what you mean about not accepting limitations. I was out of the wheelchair too much yesterday and my foot was sore and didn't stop overnight. I was freaked out this morning and called the Dr's office for the first cancellation. I've settled down since and have resigned myself to three more days before I can do anything. It was pretty major surgery and only two weeks ago today, so I have to be more patient - not my strong point.

It's too bad I didn't sign up in time this month. I actually am losing weight. The cast and I together have dropped below an important 0. Woohoo!!!

Time to go cut out more circles. The sewing is easy, thank goodness. It's a scrappy batik Drunkard's Path - I'm wishing at this point I'd chosen some favorites and not done scrappy, but I'm in for the long haul. I don't want to scrap these.

KalamaQuilts 06-30-2014 11:42 AM

wow, wonderful multi-cultural, Their kids will be so lucky to have an open environment.

I was NOT excused from Jury duty next month. I guess I'm supposed to take mom along? I don't have anyone to watch her. Kind of a dangerous situation I guess, but that's the way it is. I do pet sitting for a lady, maybe I can talk to her. The problem with jury duty is you don't know until the night before if you are called in. and then you don't know if you'll be sent home or on a 4 month trial. Heaven forbid! I've served four times before it is always interesting, but MOM...what am I going to do with MOM :)

Something to think on..
hugs to you all, Sharyn

Pam H 06-30-2014 12:58 PM

That is a great wedding picture. Such an interesting mix of people when they are teaching ESL. If they would have the wedding in Korea, where they live, I'm sure they would have a similar mix but I doubt many of their friends will travel to China for the wedding. Sounds like they will move to China next spring and get married some time after that. A few years down the road they may move to the US. I sure hope so!
Sharyn, I think you should take your mom along with you to jury duty. They can find someone to sit with her if they want you to stay. I'm sure you will be sent home right away.
I picked a gallon pail of strawberries this morning. Boy, are they yummy! Just have to figure out what to do with all of them before they spoil.

meanmom 06-30-2014 05:31 PM

Kalama they wouldn't let you out of Jury duty as a hardship case? Good luck. We went to a margarita tasting today. MMMM! We got 3 one regular, one cranberry and Amaretta. I think I liked the last one the best. We cooked tonight and had a pretty healthy meal. My brother and I do all of the cooking. There isn't any water aerobics tomorrow they are serving pastries instead. Probably not going. THey will try to sell tours while we are there. I guess we will have to go for a walk instead. I have been doing 10 minutes on an exercise bike too. The PT recommended it to stretch my knee.

MaryMo 06-30-2014 07:29 PM

I agree ... beautiful wedding picture. and beautiful wedding dress, all their dresses and suits are outstanding. It must have been a delightful wedding.

I was hoping to go on a short vacation but am now spend that money fixing a vehicle and trimming a tree that sorely needs it ....
Someday I'm actually going to go somewhere but in the meantime I'll go to Youtube to find some outstanding sunrises and sunsets while having a glass of wine.

CindyA 07-01-2014 05:01 AM

Irishrose, what a pretty wedding. Attractive couple and love the style of the dresses and the colors, the green ties and how the purple and lavender flowers look so pretty against the colors of the dresses.

Kalama, it was my understanding that a full time caretaker of small children or elderly could be excused from jury duty. I certainly hope so. This might be a long stretch, but I wonder if your mom's doctor's office could write a letter stating that she can't be left alone. Good luck with this. I agree with Pam, bring your mom to show you really can't serve! This is crazy.

Well, I did awful for the month of June, so here's to a fresh start for July.

Pam H 07-01-2014 05:48 AM

June was a roller coaster for my weight. Ended up finishing same as I started. Gained 6, lost 8, gained 2. Why do I do this to myself? I would swear sometimes I have pms and can't seem to stop eating. Had a hysterectomy in 2006 so I doubt that it is. Sometimes I feel like I am on steroids and just can't seem to be satisfied with anything I eat.
Today I am having tooth pain in a tooth I had a crown put on last August. The fun never ends.

MaryMo 07-01-2014 01:40 PM

I'm with you Pam ..... if I could count all the weight I lost, it would be wonderful; but unfortunately I'm on a jumping jack, losing, gaining, losing, and gaining .... frustrating!

Teddybear Lady 07-01-2014 06:51 PM

I wasn't down much but I managed to lose 1.6 lbs. in June. Could have been more , but I've had a lot of drama and stress and I tend to eat more when I'm upset. Hopefully, July will be a calmer month! haha Hope you all have a fun and safe 4th of July. We are going across town to my brother's house. More food! haha

irishrose 07-01-2014 07:27 PM

Keep those iced tea glasses filled, everyone. We are celebrating our nation's freedom and a chance to see our friends and family. It doesn't have to an opportunity to overeat. My body told me it doesn't like to be overstuffed. How 'bout yours? I had a friend who tried to teach me to eat only three bites of a high calorie treat. She said after that, it all tastes the same. It really didn't work for me then, but I'm ready to try again.

I climbed on a ladder (don't tell my health care providers) and put my design wall back up. I put up the first blocks of the batik quilt. It is a WOW! Now I want to work harder on it. Scrappy is going to be fine. I just need to remember to use enough lights, which I don't have a lot of in batiks. I will have to repeat the creamy blending ones. Pinks won't do for this male. Lilacs, maybe.