Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   looking for a spot to vacation (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/looking-spot-vacation-t241875.html)

wraez 02-26-2014 09:21 AM

Not sure if it would suit you for a whole winter, but we love the St.George area of UT, near Zion, Bryce and other parks and a couple hours will get you to Vegas. If you just want to relax and not be 'doing' all the time, it might be a consideration. We try to go back once a year for several days cuz we can't see everything we want in a short time, and love walking Bryce and Zion and seeing the beauty of nature, the red rocks etc.

luce321 02-26-2014 04:16 PM

How about coming down south and visiting New Orleans. There are so many things to see. We are having our Mardi Gras celebration now and that is a lot of fun.

teacherbailey 02-26-2014 04:58 PM

The Georgia Coast is beautiful and hosts many snowbirds! Savannah is so old and historic, and about an hour down the coast are Jekyll Island and St Simons Island. Jekyll is quiet and peaceful, lots of nature to watch. St Simons has the only quilt shop in the area (Stepping Stones Quilts) and the island is more developed. I love them both for different reasons.

bhanes 02-26-2014 08:20 PM

The Florida Keys.

antylu 02-28-2014 02:51 PM

We just returned from a (too short) trip to Georgia and Northern Fla. We absolutely loved the Beaufort S.C. area, Hilton Head and all the small islands around Savannah. Loved Savannah and St. Augustine Fla. There is so much history in this area; we saw lots of museums, plantation houses etc. Lots of examples of old handwork that was just astounding. If in Savannah visit Samantha Claar's studio, so colorful and interesting! Don't miss Midway Museum near Hinesville, GA. Hofwyl-Broadfield Plantation near Darian, Ga., the Lightner Musuem and Flagler college in St Augustines are all must sees, and the Pirate museum is very interesting.

icul8rg8r 02-28-2014 08:17 PM

Hawaii!! Pricey but the weather is perfect!

Cybrarian 03-01-2014 06:04 AM

I second Florida Gulf Coast. I live in Pinellas County which includes Clearwater and St. Petersburg. We're right across the small bay from Tampa. Many different types of activities from sugar sand beaches to great theater, orchestra and opera, and every thing in between. Guilds, quilt shows including the big expo in Lakeland in March. Several great LQS's and 2 JoAnns - 3 if you count Tampa. Orlando is a quick drive as is Daytona if hubby is a Nascar fan. Also many MLB teams have spring trAining all over the area including our awesome Rays!

quiltin-nannie 03-01-2014 06:29 AM

Stay away from NW PA unless you like to ski and snowboard! And freeze! LOL!

tessagin 03-01-2014 06:37 AM

Excuse me but I live on the Gulf in Corpus Christi and it isn't a long way from anywhere. Yes we have a constant wind but it always varies. I'm from Indiana originally and the drive from different points of interest could be as much as an hours drive or longer. Same as Ohio. It all depends on what your interests are.

Originally Posted by plainpat (Post 6595460)
You'll find the best weather in Fl if you don't go stay too far North.Southern California is nice but pricey.

Southern Tx gets a lot of wind,but there are lower cost campgrounds.It' a long ways from anywhere.

We never had much luck with weather in Az or Las Vegas,tho many do. Guess it's pay your
money & take your choice. JMO