Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   May weight loss (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/may-weight-loss-t245941.html)

meanmom 05-17-2014 01:58 PM

Wow Missy that is amazing. You should be so proud of yourself. Keep up the good work.

sweetpeafemme 05-17-2014 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H (Post 6720531)
Wow, Missy! That is an amazing transformation! I am so happy for you. You must feel like a new woman.

The pictures are really important to me. It is a reminder of how far I have come since I started my journey.

I have been doing this for a while. I would love to share my story if anyone is interested.

Missy

mateoh 05-17-2014 06:07 PM

I have to just repeat what others have already said, Wow Missy. I am so very happy for you. i know you must be very happy about the transformation. What an inspiration to us all.

CindyA 05-18-2014 02:54 AM

Thanks for persevering with the pictures, Missy. I want to hear how you FEEL now!

silverfoxmag 05-18-2014 05:13 AM

Like the rest of the girls, WOW! You can not imagine what an inspiration you are to me! I would love to hear your story about the moment you decided to take this journey and what kept you on track.

sweetpeafemme 05-18-2014 11:14 AM

I definitely feel like a new person. When I had my panniculectomy I discovered that I had a lap! I can sit indian style now. I am also wearing a size 26 now. I started out my journey wearing a size 10 x. I have kept a pair of my biggest pants. I want to take a pic with me in one leg and my mom in the other.

One of the things that I am going to start doing is recording my food intake. I am still losing but I think it will be a good thing to do.

I need to lose about another 100 pounds. I have set a goal for me to lose that in a year or so. Once I lose that weight then I will have my legs and arms done.

CindyA 05-18-2014 03:53 PM

I know 3 people who have had the surgery and they've all kept the weight off for many years. Thanks for sharing Missy.

Meanmom, have you put your garden in? This weekend I planted tomatoes, green peppers, and basil. I need to put in hot peppers and beans soon. I can't believe I can finally plant things after the winter we had. I thought it would never end. It was good to get outdoors this weekend, it was gorgeous.

Pam H 05-18-2014 04:42 PM

We had a gorgeous weekend here too. Hard to believe how nice it was after there were snowflakes in the air on friday. Crazy weather!
I have to tell you of a success I had last week of which I am proud. I went on a day trip with 2 friends. The place we went for lunch had creamed chicken over biscuits for their special of the day. That is one of my favorite comfort foods. My friends both ordered it and I ordered a salad. I did have 1 bite off my friend's plate. It wasn't near as good as I thought it would be. Now, if it was my mom's cream chicken over biscuits I don't think I could go without!
Let's have an active, healthy eating week, girls! I'm going out for a walk while there is still daylight!

mateoh 05-18-2014 06:54 PM

Pam, congratulations on passing on the cream chicken over biscuits. Isn't it nice to be rewarded for being good by the dish not being as tasty as you thought it might be?:) I love when that happens. There is nothing worse then deciding to indulge only to find out that it did not taste as good as you thought it would and you had all those extra calories for nothing.

Good luck all as we embark on a new week.

Pete 05-19-2014 07:59 AM

Missy - all I can say is WOW! Are you following a certain diet? I sure could use encouragement. This was my BD weekend and I had 5 BD cakes, 2 pizzas, ribs, lasagna and fried chicken (I did remove the skin). Am so afraid to step on the scale. I know I am blessed to be so honored, but---I still have most of 1 cake in my fridge and my DH insists that we eat it rather than give it away. Had HB eggs this AM as a start to a new week. I think I may have to start journaling my food intake. I hear it really helps!