Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Members names and what they mean (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/members-names-what-they-mean-t262055.html)

Patchesnposies 03-03-2015 11:26 AM

My QB name is after two of my kitties, Patches and Posey. THEY were named because two of my favorite things are patchwork and flowers. :thumbup:

sewnbug 03-03-2015 11:47 AM

My husband of almost 45 years has always called me bug-short for lovebug. After the kids were grown and I started sewing and quilting all the time he started calling me his little sewnbug. Much better than his little sew and sew he calls me sometimes. lol

Doggramma 03-03-2015 12:18 PM

Doggramma is pretty obvious. My daughter has no children, only dogs.

blondeslave 03-03-2015 12:46 PM

I have had several bassets over the years and hope to at least have a few more in my life. Basset hounds have slaves-they do NOT have owners. I am blonde albeit getting a bit grayer-hence the name blondeslave.

chichimamma 03-03-2015 12:51 PM

I have my third and fourth chihuahuas and they are sisters. I love chihuahuas and used to dream I found one at our house when I was a child.chichimamma isn't hard to figure out! My girls will be 15 this June.

lynnie 03-03-2015 01:33 PM

mine is my name. when I was little and now again people call me Lynnie

mack 03-03-2015 01:39 PM

My name

Originally Posted by littlebitoheaven (Post 7112497)
I love seeing the Members names and am wondering if we could have a thread going where we can tell how we came up with our name and if it has a special meaning.

I will start: My name is "littlebitoheaven". Being seniors, my husband and I decided to build (literally build) a new home on land in Wisconsin that has been in my husband's family for over 100 years. It took us six years to complete. We did hire the foundation; the dry wall and the roof to be contracted out. The rest we did ourselves. I especially loved putting in the wood floors. When we finished the house, I said that it should be called a "littlebitoheaven" as it is in a wooded area overlooking a small river. We love the serenity and the scenery and feel so blessed to have this home.

My name is the combination of my initials and since I am Scottish it just seemed to fit!

dirty1mom 03-03-2015 01:41 PM

My son's nickname is Dirty Bob. He is a mechanic and is very seldom if ever clean. Many years ago when we set up our emails he set his up as dirtybob and I was going to use dirtybobsmom, but it was taken. The only thing close was dirty1mom.

jrhboxers 03-03-2015 01:50 PM

I have been doing Boxer Rescue for over 25 years - so my initials JRH - Boxers is our breed - and I usually have 2 of my own. I have found that this username is usually good everywhere whether they need lettercare (upper and lower) and numbers. Seemed simple to me. It is even my License Plate.

Mary Christine 03-03-2015 03:38 PM

Not too original - just my name!