Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Members names and what they mean (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/members-names-what-they-mean-t262055.html)

Bueniebabe 03-03-2015 06:27 PM

Buenie is the nick name for the little river town I live in. Buena Vista means beautiful view according to the Indians. so I'm Bueniebabe.

A few years ago I was talking about our church picnic. A lady in California asked me If I knew her sister who lives her. I know her. Called her and asked how the quilting thing was that she went to with her sisters. She wanted to know how I knew. She couldn't believe I talked to her sister.

Sew Krazy Girl 03-03-2015 06:49 PM

I learned to sew in grade school so I've been sewing a long time. When my oldest granddaughter was born (20 years ago) I went out and bought a brand new Janome/embroidery machine. Of course with a new grandchild and new sewing machine I just went crazy sewing. Ergo - Sew Krazy Girl. But, I'm no longer a "girl" - lol!

KarenSimon 03-03-2015 07:08 PM

Mine is my first name and part of my last name. Easy to remember. I have another I use in another place it is nerakeus. Take a guess what that stands for.

bibliostone 03-03-2015 07:13 PM

My last name is Stone and the biblio is because I was a librarian when I signed up on QB.

Missysgottohelp 03-03-2015 08:23 PM

Well as you can see from my pic my cat Missy has to help me quilt. As soon as I flip the switch on the sewing machine she is on the chair, the ironing board or under the quilt I'm working on.

BARES 03-03-2015 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by littlebitoheaven (Post 7112497)
I love seeing the Members names and am wondering if we could have a thread going where we can tell how we came up with our name and if it has a special meaning.

This is so interesting. Thanks for starting. I have called my hubby Bear off and on all of our marriage. In '97 a kitty showed up at my clothes line where I was hanging clothes. He had been dumped and was in really bad shape. I took him to the vet and after a couple of thousand dollars to fix him, they wanted a name. I was going to leave him outside and feed him but I didn't want him for a pet so I wasn't going to name him. When they HAD to have a name, I remembered how he looked when I first saw him -- like if I had said Boo he would have cowered under the nearest thing. So I called him BooBear. He was a Main Coon and absolutely beautiful once he got clean and well. I had taken BaresHoney for my screen name when I first went on the computer because they wouldn't let me have BEARsHoney. So with my hubby being Bear, me BaresHoney and BooBear we became the bear family.

royllsister 03-03-2015 09:42 PM

Mine is rather funny. I have a brother named Roy, middle initial is "L"' last name initial is "L" ( my maiden name) . Now if you're still with me, I am "RoyLLSister". It just stuck!

Edie 03-04-2015 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by AngeliaNR (Post 7112533)
Just my name :)

I just use my plain old everyday ordinary name because, if I was anyone else I wouldn't remember the name, so I figure, hey, I've had this name for 76 years now and I can spell it, let it go!!!!!!! Besides, I love the name Edie. I intensely despise the name Edith. I was named after my aunt Edith and I let everyone call her Edith and I was always called Edie. I loved my aunt dearly, but I just didn't like the name Edith My husband always called me Ede and that was his term of endearment for me and no one else ever called me that.

It is my name. Edie

wolf3349 03-04-2015 03:53 AM

I like wolfs--therefor I use that for a name.

alleyoop1 03-04-2015 04:47 AM

When I was a little girl my brother called me "Alleyoop" after the comic strip. When I got my first computer, my son set up my email and he used "alleyoop" as my name and it has been my online name ever since. P.S. Real first name is Alice.