Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Most offbeat Christmas gift? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/most-offbeat-christmas-gift-t273420.html)

marge954 12-18-2015 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by gramajo (Post 7407294)
carolaiken: I love your duck butts!

Thanks gramajo!

coopah 12-18-2015 04:42 PM

Our third Christmas, my husband bought me a paring knife. It was the best brand, according to him! He hasn't bought a knife or any household appliances as gifts since. Smart man.

DonnaFreak 12-18-2015 04:43 PM

The most unusual gift I ever got was a butt warmer from my nephew's husband! It was a long sheet of aluminum that had wooden posts connected to each end of it. You hooked the post at one end through the back of a camp chair, then ran the aluminum under the chair and hooked the post at the other end in front of the front legs. When sitting outside in front of a fire, the aluminum would reflect the heat onto the back of your legs and onto your bottom. I think it's still one of my favorite gifts I ever received! 😃

Donna

Jan in VA 12-18-2015 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by gramajo (Post 7406854)
I just reread what I wrote. Car was bought for DD for her 16th Christmas in 1979.

Whew, that's a relief; I thought it would be pretty rude to write back and ask what in the world you talking about! :D

Jan in VA

Up North 12-18-2015 07:22 PM

I think the most offbeat gift I have gotten has to be the musical cocker spaniels I got one year! we did not have that bread of dogs and I am a cat lover! I still laugh whenever I see it. It is on a shelf in the guest bedroom!

cashs_mom 12-18-2015 08:14 PM

I tend to get very off beat gifts since my husband and I are both car enthusiasts. One year I got an electronic ignition for my 66 Mustang and I was thrilled! lol. Left some people speechless when I told them.

gramajo 12-18-2015 08:39 PM

Sorry Jan. I was having a brain freeze when I wrote the original message.

baskets4moo 12-18-2015 08:51 PM

carolaiken, I love your butts! I think I'll ask for a pair for Christmas. I already have a pair of mallards and a canadian goose decoys living full-time in my pool. These being gifts from DH many years past of course. But I don't think they're strange at all :D

Sandygirl 12-19-2015 04:11 AM

Years ago A casual friend gave me one of those large round tins of assorted pop corn separated by dividers vs. individually bagged. She liked the tin so much that she asked me if she could keep the tin! Flabergasted ......i dumped the popcirn in a tub and handed the tin back to her. Yes, she continues to be wierd. Let me knw if you want to hear about the wedding gift she gave us. She is a very smart woman with zero social skills. I have to just shrug it off. Sad.

sandy

Sandygirl 12-19-2015 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by jbj137 (Post 7407113)
*** Way back when I was married (divorced 23 years),
*** my ex gave me 2 complete opposite gifts,
*** a Lily of France satin nightie & a Flannel shirt.
*** Still have the nightie (only been worn 4 times) - shirt worn out..

maybe you should have worn that nightie more! ;). Sorry..i could not resist!

Sandy