Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Movie Suggestions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/movie-suggestions-t310236.html)

SusieQOH 03-21-2020 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by tallchick (Post 8370970)
SuziqOH- I agree it does the same to me as well! I do watch it when I need a good cry, and yes, the entire cast is perfection! they really did an amazing job! I too read the book and have the audiobook series too.

Lisa, I have it on audio too!! :)
The very last scene absolutely does me in. But in a very good way.

canmitch1971 03-21-2020 07:00 PM

Weekend At Bernie’s is hilarious and I love Shawshank Redemption

Mkotch 03-22-2020 02:53 AM

I'll second Lion - super film!
It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
Knives Out
Saving Mr. Banks
The Hundred Foot Journey
Florence Foster Jenkins
A Place to Call Home (several seasons)
Call the Midwife (several seasons)

sandy l 03-22-2020 03:43 AM

Steel Magnolias
The Way We Were
Moonstruck
You've Got Mail
When Harry Met Sally
Cabaret
Chicago
Then some really old ones that I like..
Red River
They Were Expendable
My Darling Clementine
Casablanca
The Maltese Falcon

QuiltBaer 03-22-2020 05:28 AM

OK, I'm old but I love to watch Star Wars. In fact, my first date with my husband was to see the first Star Wars movie at the theater.
This weekend I've watched the first three movies again and Mandolorian on Disney plus. I love Baby Yoda!

Jo Anne B. 03-22-2020 05:32 AM

Oldies but goodies:
The Sting(R.Redford)
The Great Gatsby(R.Redford)
The Front Page(B&W)
Man from Snowy River
The Great Race(Tony Curtis)
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
The Sound of Music
Cat Ballou
Pillow Talk

sewbizgirl 03-22-2020 09:09 AM

Thanks for all the great suggestions. We watched one that was really good last night, but when we DVR'd it, there was a storm going on so part of it didn't record. We are recording a later showing now. It's called Green Book and stars Viggo Mortenson (50 lbs heavier than LOTR days) and the character he portrays is excellent. Some of his best acting. Can't wait to see the ending!

sewingpup 03-22-2020 10:25 AM

umm.....I have been thinking of re-watching…."Buffy the Vampire Slaughter" and "Charmed" We need some heroines now!

Also Miss Congeniality or actually just about anything with Sandra Bullock in it . Mama Mia, The Devil wears Prada...
I also can listen to or read books downloaded from local library if you have a library card you could check if that is available in your area.....I love listening to a book while stitching.....

leaha 03-22-2020 10:33 AM

OK huge BBC fan here, have enough DVDs to last me at least 2 years
,all of Frost,,
Hustle,
Ballykissangel,
Monarch of the Glen
, MI-5
,Midsomer Murders,( 24 seasons)
Oliver's travels ,
The brief,
Grafters
, Cosmos with Carl Sagan,
The Phantom of the Opera,
the count of Monte Cristo, with jim Caviezel,(love happy ending)
and love a good year, ( I have a smart car, LOL)

too many others to list but thats a start,

SusieQOH 03-22-2020 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8371215)
Thanks for all the great suggestions. We watched one that was really good last night, but when we DVR'd it, there was a storm going on so part of it didn't record. We are recording a later showing now. It's called Green Book and stars Viggo Mortenson (50 lbs heavier than LOTR days) and the character he portrays is excellent. Some of his best acting. Can't wait to see the ending!

Loved Green Book!!! Viggo Mortenson plays an Italian very convincingly.
Really good movie.