Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My Guide Dog Meadow (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-guide-dog-meadow-t202083.html)

Caroline S 10-03-2012 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2 (Post 5556973)
What a beautiful dog. Such a sweetheart!!! What is the difference between a yellow lab and an english yellow lab?

English bred labs are the original stocky, blocky blood lines. American bred labs are what they term field trial types being lighter boned and taller. Sort of like the difference between an old style Quarter Horse and a Thoroughbred. Color makes not make a difference. My two English bred labs, one very blond and the other black are both from the same litter and had two chocolate littermates. It is all about genetics.

MimiBug123 10-03-2012 10:43 AM

What a precious baby! Labs have the best disposition!

busy fingers 10-03-2012 12:59 PM

He is just gorgeous. What a loving, giving friend will he be.

champagnebubbles 10-03-2012 01:00 PM

Off subject: do know the Mirror Bar ?

Grandma Peg 10-03-2012 01:05 PM

He is just too cute. Good luck with the training.

damaquilts 10-03-2012 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Retired Fire Chief (Post 5558860)
She is beautiful. I have an English that looks just like her, an 8 month old male we have named Oliver we are raising for Leader Dog for the Blind out of Rochester, Michigan. He is the fourth we have raised and once again, he is one of the loves of my life. Many people say they couldn't do what we do because they could not give them up. And raising them for a year and then giving them back is one of the very hardest things to do, but seeing a guide dog working, giving someone confidence and independence makes it all worthwhile. It is very rewarding to see a new owner love our puppy just as much as we did. Best wishes to you and Miss Meadow, may you have a long, blessed relationship.

Meadow is amazing and it is a beautiful name.

What you all do when you train the dogs is amazing to me. Lots of work . . But I understand about seeing them go to do their jobs. It makes your heart swell. :)
I only did family pets , and no where near the training, just the basics, but the joy in the eyes of the people getting the dogs was well worth it. And no one got one of mine unless I saw that joy in the eyes of the people and the dog.

SEGASAL 10-03-2012 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by champagnebubbles (Post 5559851)
Off subject: do know the Mirror Bar ?

Mirror Bar?

katz_n_kwiltz 10-03-2012 05:45 PM

AAAWWW! he could be Hairys cuzzin!
what a cutie pie!
hugz
katz

Jo Anne B. 10-03-2012 06:54 PM

Labs are the best dogs, so smart, I swear my black Lab knew every word spoke to her, I lost her 18 years ago, doesn't seem possible it was that long ago...
Have a wonderful life with Meadow.
"Yes" "Meadow" is a very cool name.
Jo Anne

Julie in NM 10-04-2012 03:27 AM

Yeah! You finally got your "companioin"! Congrats! So my funny ? is...who's harder to train? You or the dog?