Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My hubby won a prize (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-hubby-won-prize-t35142.html)

tinwoods 01-28-2010 08:43 AM

Congratulations! And a big thanks for the mini vacation. Just this morning it's -7F and we have at least 3 feet of snow on the ground. I can just smell all those flowers!

Katrine 01-28-2010 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by k3n

Originally Posted by Katrine

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Ok, I told hubby that when we retires we are moving to France and moving in with you. Sure hope you have room! :)

Yep, that's okay Terri - but you'll have to sleep with all the quilting gear - 2nd thoughts - could I trust you not to hop off with the quilts? haha

Noooo you couldn't trust Terri in that room with all your tops and your stash and your finished stuff! She'd be out the window in the night and away with the lot! The boys wouldn't stop her - they're anyone's for a biscuit! :mrgreen:

Yeah, you're right, the boys adore visitors and would probably help Terri to carry it all out!

Katrine 01-28-2010 08:48 AM

Thanks Bernie, he is so pleased everyone is enjoying the pix.

Marlys 01-28-2010 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Marlys
Awesome! I want to come have lunch in your yard! It is so dry here in Eastern Montana that it is hard to get much to grow. Not to mention my brown thumb! My flowers have to be in quilts!

That covered terrace (fenced in for the Yorkies) which is on north wall is a cool haven in summer. We are out there from sun up to sunset, and have flowers all around us. It's a great place to eat with friends - when are you coming?

You might be surprised when I show up! We have hosted 3 exchange students from Germany in the last 5 years. We keep trying to plan a trip to see them, and I would definitely want to see more of Europe while we are there.

Katrine 01-28-2010 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by tinwoods
Congratulations! And a big thanks for the mini vacation. Just this morning it's -7F and we have at least 3 feet of snow on the ground. I can just smell all those flowers!

Whoa - that IS cold. I guess your winters are quite long too. Lowest we've had here was -18C (-0.4F) in 1992. Warmest so far 42C (108F) in 2004, but that was exceptional.

Katrine 01-28-2010 08:57 AM

Awesome! I want to come have lunch in your yard! It is so dry here in Eastern Montana that it is hard to get much to grow. Not to mention my brown thumb! My flowers have to be in quilts!

That covered terrace (fenced in for the Yorkies) which is on north wall is a cool haven in summer. We are out there from sun up to sunset, and have flowers all around us. It's a great place to eat with friends - when are you coming?

You might be surprised when I show up! We have hosted 3 exchange students from Germany in the last 5 years. We keep trying to plan a trip to see them, and I would definitely want to see more of Europe while we are there.

Do let me know if you plan a trip!

moomoo 01-28-2010 12:26 PM

beautiful.

amma 01-28-2010 12:27 PM

WOW!!! You have created a beautiful paradise for yourselves :D:D:D

Chele 01-28-2010 12:33 PM

What a beautiful riot of color. You could get some wonderful quilt inspiration from those colors. Tell hubby congrats!

gangles 01-28-2010 12:42 PM

That is the most increadibly beautiful home I have ever seen
It would be like living in heaven to have that much beauty
around your home!