Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My new Electric Pressure Cooker (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-new-electric-pressure-cooker-t68537.html)

purplemem 10-05-2010 10:49 PM

I have one of these, too. I bought it a year ago and I love it. I'm not sure about your settings, but mine has a crock-pot setting (low only) and a brown meat setting. It automatically adjusts from cooking (at the crock pot setting) to warming when the meal is cooked.

I haven't tried the actual pressure cooking part, I love the other functions so much. And very easy clean up.

DebsShelties 10-06-2010 03:21 AM

I got one from QVC a few years ago, love it. The top locks and you must release the pressure inside before it will allow you to unlock the top. Safety feature.
It is wonderful to cook with.

watterstide 10-06-2010 03:25 AM

my girlfriend uses one at least 3 or 4 times a week..they are spanish/mexican. says nothing is greater/faster for cooking beans!
i have a stove top one, and i use it occasionally.
i would rather use my crock pot..which i really need a bigger and better one..it is only a 3 Qt.

raptureready 10-06-2010 04:46 AM

A friend of mine has this and loves it.

sewgull 10-06-2010 05:41 AM

I use my stove top pressure cooker a lot. You should NEVER try to open cooker while the pressure is up. This is a safty feature. Let the pressure release quicker if you place pot in sink and run cool water over the pot. NEVER hold the pressure value down, you can take it off.

pojo 10-06-2010 06:23 AM

I would like one of those.
I'm afraid of the other ones.

Chasing Hawk 10-06-2010 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
I have one of these, too. I bought it a year ago and I love it. I'm not sure about your settings, but mine has a crock-pot setting (low only) and a brown meat setting. It automatically adjusts from cooking (at the crock pot setting) to warming when the meal is cooked.

I haven't tried the actual pressure cooking part, I love the other functions so much. And very easy clean up.

It has high/low pressure settings. Browning, sauteing and simmer. It does shut off and switches to a keep warm setting. You can relieve the pressure manually or let it do it all by itself.

Chasing Hawk 10-06-2010 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by sewgull
I use my stove top pressure cooker a lot. You should NEVER try to open cooker while the pressure is up. This is a safty feature. Let the pressure release quicker if you place pot in sink and run cool water over the pot. NEVER hold the pressure value down, you can take it off.

This one won't even unlock till the pressure is released.

prayerquilts 11-02-2010 04:49 PM

I got mine for $70 at Costco and I'm very happy with it.

plainpat 11-04-2010 02:16 AM

Mine came from QVC as did both DDs. We're all glad to have it. Mine has a slo cooker function(stays on low) set on low for up to 8hrs.Going to use that tomor for baked steak.It makes the best pot roast! Just like Mom made with her on the stove Presto.

Originally Posted by prayerquilts
I got mine for $70 at Costco and I'm very happy with it.