Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My other passion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-other-passion-t264085.html)

kathdavis 04-19-2015 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Anniedeb (Post 7167243)
I envy your cross stitch talent. I've not ever thought of trying that. I do a lot of other crafts. I used to do a lot of flower arrangements. Now I love button art, and have been framing jerseys for my son.

Love the button tree!

lfstamper 04-19-2015 07:01 PM

Beautifully done!

Teddybear Lady 04-19-2015 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Barbshobbies (Post 7170174)
I did a counted cross stich of the three wise men, every body said it was nice, but the eyes have gone along with the memory, our 5 kids have bad memories too, It`s our 57th anniversary to day and no one remembered! But then I thought it was 56 yrs. They have such fast living lives now. One called on the way to the airport, taking the kids to Disney Land, we never could afford to take them. One has a son in baseball and they are never home weekends. And so it goes! Our friends all sent cards and brother called from Texas. So we made out O.K.

Happy Anniversary!

Ditter43 04-20-2015 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady (Post 7170467)
Happy Anniversary!

A day late, but Happy Anniversary! That is a long time to be married and deserves a celebration.

Jim's Gem 04-21-2015 09:27 AM

Beautiful work! I have a lot of beautiful frames cross stitch hanging up around my home. I have not stitched in about 13 years. I guess quilting has taken all of my "creative" time. I do hope to pick it up some day again. My #3 daughter said "we love quilts mom, but what we are going to fight over after you die is your cross stitch so you need to do some more"

piepatch 04-22-2015 03:16 AM

Your cross stitch is beautiful! I love them all.

KellyPete 04-22-2015 08:10 AM

My other passion

1 Attachment(s)
Cross stitching is also my other passion. It appeals to my OCD tendencies very nicely.

Here is a piece that I have been working on:

Painiacs 04-22-2015 03:06 PM

Great crafts! I crochet some, I'm known as the scrubbies lady as I crochet scrubbies in the car then give them away I occasionally cross stitch but use the stamped ones as I am legally blind. I used to find a new craft to learn every few years but started quilting few years ago........

quiltjoey 04-22-2015 06:34 PM

Hi Anniedeb: I collect antique buttons and love your button Christmas tree! Never heard of button art but will google or for ideas. Thanks for sharing!

Originally Posted by Anniedeb (Post 7167243)
I envy your cross stitch talent. I've not ever thought of trying that. I do a lot of other crafts. I used to do a lot of flower arrangements. Now I love button art, and have been framing jerseys for my son.

Sewnoma 04-23-2015 05:15 AM

Lovely work! My grandmother embroidered all the time, she could take a plain pillowcase and just "doodle" on it with thread. She wouldn't mark a pattern, she'd just fold it to find the center, pinch in a little crease, and then somehow magically her needle would create birds and vines and flowers and butterflies and little fairy faces peeping out under a leaf or from behind a flower petal... I would watch for HOURS, it just fascinated me. It was like the designs were already there, invisibly, and she just had to outline them with the thread.

I've tried cross-stitch but I couldn't stick with it. I've done a little bit of crewel embroidery, that's more my style and I actually managed to finish a couple things. But always on something with a stamped design. I'm not nearly as skilled as my gran was. :)