Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My son's wedding!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-sons-wedding-t24913.html)

Izy 09-04-2009 12:36 AM

Thanks Janstar!!, Claire had a fairytale theme, hence the cake, I am not sure if you can see in the picture, but there was a trail of jewels leading to the towers, on all the tables there was cinderella type glass slippers and beautifu carriages etc., with a turquoise and brown them throughout :D

Bevanger 09-04-2009 06:52 AM

Awwwwwwwww what a sweet couple. Everything looks so beautiful. Thanks for sharing :D

Izy 09-04-2009 07:29 AM

Thanks Bev, it really was the most perfect day!! They have been together for nearly 10 years and are very much in love!! :D :D :D

mjsylvstr 09-04-2009 03:56 PM

Congratulations.........I am so lucky also. Both my sons found dreams. and I am the lucky MIL........

Pictures are great.

MJ in NJ........in USA

quiltwoman 09-04-2009 05:38 PM

What a stunning couple! I adore the photo of you with your youngest son--I cringe at the day mine will be doing the same thing...many congratulations to your family!

Mousie 09-04-2009 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Izy
Thanks Janstar!!, Claire had a fairytale theme, hence the cake, I am not sure if you can see in the picture, but there was a trail of jewels leading to the towers, on all the tables there was cinderella type glass slippers and beautifu carriages etc., with a turquoise and brown them throughout :D

I was just thinking it all looked like a fairy tale wedding...lol! I was right. I noticed the cake, and the sepia toned picture of them in the car, and your dress was gorgeous, as were the bride and groom. Such handsome men, you have turned out, and love the picture of ice cream..lol, with you and mom :wink: Looks like it all turned out, very lovely, and now you get to do it, again. Well, no wonder you chose the colors you did for their quilt. They must love it, immensely! :D

butterflywing 09-04-2009 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Izy

Originally Posted by butterflywing
congrats! what a wonderful day you all had. your extended family will bring you great joy.

and i love your nail polish, too. :mrgreen:

10/10 for observation Butterfli!! My SIL bought the perfect match varnish, and I couldn't believe that I actually went ahead and used it on my toe nails too!! lol!!

Thanks for your lovely comments :D :D :D

let's see those toes :lol:

Izy 09-04-2009 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy

Originally Posted by Izy

I was just thinking it all looked like a fairy tale wedding...lol! I was right. I noticed the cake, and the sepia toned picture of them in the car, and your dress was gorgeous, as were the bride and groom. Such handsome men, you have turned out, and love the picture of ice cream..lol, with you and mom :wink: Looks like it all turned out, very lovely, and now you get to do it, again. Well, no wonder you chose the colors you did for their quilt. They must love it, immensely! :D

I did ask them what colours they would like for a quilt, and as they are great fans of Starbucks I couldn't resist the Moda fabrics, although I found them a little 'boring' for my taste I have to say!!

I am not sure whether my younger son will ever get married...he is a different kettle of fish altogether, but I can live in hope!! :wink: :lol: :D

butterflywing 09-05-2009 05:42 AM

my so didn't get married until he was 39. your son looks younger than that.

mjsylvstr 09-05-2009 06:46 AM

My son got married three years ago at the age of 47......
were we the smart ones getting married younger or are they???

Good question !!!!
MJ in NJ