Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   New to me streaming shows/series I like (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/new-me-streaming-shows-series-i-like-t294537.html)

sewbizgirl 02-04-2018 06:27 PM

Stranger Things, seasons one and two.
Schitt's Creek with Eugene Levy. Hilarious.

mjkgquilt 02-04-2018 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7996843)
I have watched most of the long running series and recently found these I really liked.

1. Line of Duty --excellence not your average police show.
2. Shetland --wonderful mysteries, a little edgier then Midsommer Mysteries.
3. Zumbo's Just Desserts. Wow if you like baking shows this is terrific.
4. Girlfriends. Wonderful drama
5. Pie in the Sky. Great heartwarming series
6. Hamish McBeth. Beautiful scenery and lighthearted drama
7. Loves, Lies, and Records. I got addicted right away with this one.

I love binge watching series. If anyone has recommendations for me I'd love to know what you like too.

I read #6 Hamish McBeth and enjoy it very much. Do not have cable. What do I need to do to stream shows?

Onebyone 02-04-2018 07:39 PM

I use roku. You can buy it at walmart. You need wi fi. Many free channels but you will want Netflix and a few more paid channels. Way cheaper than cable. All paid channels have a trial period . You aren't stuck with a contract with any of them. You pay monthly or drop the channel. Acorn Tv is all british shows and about $5 a month.

lwbuchholz 02-05-2018 05:16 AM

A couple didn't see that I loved, Rosemary and Thyme and Doc Martin.
Lynda

SusieQOH 02-05-2018 06:01 AM

Doc Martin was wonderful!!!
A recent one my husband and I are nuts about is Merli. It's filmed in Spain so you have to pay attention to the subtitles but it's a FABULOUS series! We enjoyed it so much we watched it twice!
One of the best series I've watched- ever.

Rennie 02-05-2018 06:07 AM

Call the Midwife - loved it! On Netflix. Seasons 1- 6 so far. I also loved The Crown.

I never was much for history, but by watching these, I learned so much!

cindyb 02-05-2018 06:28 AM

I am watching Suits on Amazon and loving it.

baywinds 02-05-2018 06:42 AM

Help please. I'm stuck in the dark ages watching $188 a month worth of cable. Yuck!!! (I'm not, but you know who can't live without it :) I know he would love the police series. Thanks
Can you explain all this streaming. I understand Netflix streaming, but none of the others.

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7996843)
I have watched most of the long running series and recently found these I really liked.

1. Line of Duty --excellence not your average police show.
2. Shetland --wonderful mysteries, a little edgier then Midsommer Mysteries.
3. Zumbo's Just Desserts. Wow if you like baking shows this is terrific.
4. Girlfriends. Wonderful drama
5. Pie in the Sky. Great heartwarming series
6. Hamish McBeth. Beautiful scenery and lighthearted drama
7. Loves, Lies, and Records. I got addicted right away with this one.

I love binge watching series. If anyone has recommendations for me I'd love to know what you like too.

charley26 02-05-2018 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7996922)
Thands Charlie26. I Love the British shows and the ones from New Zealand. If you can find 30 degrees in February it is an excellent series, I think from Iceland. Amazon has four seasons of Line of Duty. How many are there? I'll check out No Offense.

I must check out 30 degrees in Feb - I have not heard of it. Yes, waiting, waiting for Season 5 of LOD, so only 4 series out there. Everybody loves Aidan Dunbar!! I so hope he does not 'go bad' in the next/last series.
I think you will like No Offence - a very gritty female led police drama, but wonderful, I love it.

Iraxy 02-05-2018 12:47 PM

Does anyone know what is going on with Shetland? I know that Happy Valley may not come back, but I thought Shetland would.