Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   New Year's Resolutions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/new-years-resolutions-t273766.html)

Onebyone 12-28-2015 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by rjwilder (Post 7415838)
I know this sounds harsh but I am going to quit volunteering, my volunteering somehow has turned into a full time job. I have not been able to sew or quilt for myself in over 2 years. I have been missing out on a lot of fun with my friends and family because I'm always volunteering. So I am taking gramma Nancy's post and adding "just say no" to it and pinning it on the wall by my desk.

I did that several years ago. I dropped out of many community groups. I love to volunteer but when it turns into nothing but free labor then it's time to stop.

Annaquilts 12-28-2015 04:12 PM

Not to gain all the weight back that I lost in 2015. Best wishes on your goal of a healthy life style.

ro 12-28-2015 04:47 PM

none for me. I make them and don't stick to them. so why lie to myself.

orangeroom 12-28-2015 05:19 PM

I usually don't make resolutions. Realistically if I want to do something, I'll do it. Then reward myself with a trip to a fav LQS!!! If I don't want to do it...and it smells like chocolate...and it's in my home, I'll probably end up eating it or tell my DS that it's here!

GingerK 12-28-2015 07:26 PM

Trying to walk for 1/2 hour 3 times a week. That is it. Not a huge goal and I know how much better I feel when I actually do it. And I am a whole lot better at it when DH is working away from home because I get really annoyed when I am trying to be healthy and he is sitting on his backside. Plus he goes on Weight watchers and loses a pile in a month without exercise. I---don't.

Tothill 12-28-2015 08:15 PM

Put myself first.

I will be living on my own as of January 3rd and I realized last week that in every way I have put others ahead of me.

From little things like not serving sea food (except for pizza toppings), because I was the only one who liked it, to not choosing which radio station to listen to in the car if I had a passenger.

I will not 'justify' spending money on myself. As long as I am within my budget I will spend as I please on what I want. I am working out how much I can spend on a trip for my 50th birthday in 2016. Once I have that worked out, I will decide where to go.

ctrysass2012 12-28-2015 08:51 PM

I have been trying to do this for the last few months, Tothill & it feels pretty good. I hope to save some $$ to travel back to MI to visit family again. Just need to stay out of the online shops & I will be more successful. :)

quiltingcandy 12-28-2015 10:26 PM

I don't make them anymore either.

JENNR8R 12-29-2015 05:31 AM

I resolve not to write 2015 for the year anymore. I usually meet this goal before the next new year.

Where are are all these years going anyway? It seems like it was just a few years ago that we were all worried about what the computers were going to do to us at the turn of the century.

Geri B 12-29-2015 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7415104)
I want to choose the best piece of steak off the grill, not think well my DH or my DD will like that one. I want to drink the last of the milk and not think I better save that for someone else. If I want the last cookie, the last ice cream sandwich, the last buttered roll, I will take it with no guilt feeling at all.

That's the mom gene in us....at least older of us...I have seen " new" moms reach first and take ...heck with everyone else!