Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Newlywed Neice today and tonight shes..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/newlywed-neice-today-tonight-shes-t128081.html)

MisDixie 06-05-2011 01:16 PM

No fear, wedding pic will be posted but none of the wedding night! She was so excited she had to change her name on Facebook! They have been together for 7 years, waiting and wanting to get married. Very sweet. This was a small family wedding and they all went out to dinner, guests paid for their own meals. Done on a shoestring budget for sure.

dottientx 06-05-2011 01:53 PM

After our morning wedding and afternoon reception we headed out on our 3-day honeymoon trip by car. First night in motel I had such a bad side ache I spent most of the night wrapped around an iron I'd wrapped in a towel and turned on 'low'. What a start for our life together - which lasted 53 years. Luckily back then I'd taken along my own iron as the motels didn't furnish them in 'them days' Don't know what I would have done with my improvised 'heat pad'. I'm sure my hubby hadn't expected our wedding night to be like that!

gunny148 06-05-2011 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by MisDixie
ON FACEBOOK!!! my neice, newlywed this afternoon is on line posting! LOL times have changed! I have different memorys of my wedding night.

OH it sounds like my son and his new bride...Married and on Facebook all night long???? Tried to tell him NOT but its his second wife?? hes 23 yep...

deenatoo 06-05-2011 02:00 PM

Yep things have change..but all this was not available back then...lol

BobbiG 06-05-2011 02:30 PM

I think the difference could be in the order in which things are/were done.

patsyo56721 06-06-2011 08:58 AM

Me to

arizonagirl 06-06-2011 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by MisDixie
ON FACEBOOK!!! my neice, newlywed this afternoon is on line posting! LOL times have changed! I have different memorys of my wedding night.

My daughter had her third child last month and was updating her progress while in labor at the hospital.

dljennings 06-18-2011 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mimito2
I had better things to do on my wedding night... But back then cell phones/computers were not available!!!

we've been married for years, but dh travels a lot for work, so i still have better things to do at nite when he's home!

f/b for me is a hot flash thing for the middle of the nite.. quick ck up on friends, see what youngest dd is up to that she doesn't want me to know about..but not so interesting that i get into it & don't go back to sleep when the hot flash is over...

which is why i can't read this board in the middle of the nite!

Diana79 07-02-2011 11:31 AM

I have different memories of my (second) wedding also..We married in the afternoon of Dec 31, 1959.. and when at 11;30 pm we walked back into church, for the WatchNight Service, when our pastor turned around, and saw us, he started stuttering... We never let him forget.. Diana O.