Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Nominate this season's worse tv commercial (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/nominate-seasons-worse-tv-commercial-t236384.html)

linhawk 12-10-2013 08:54 AM

ewwww, there is a pizza one with male hunks that are shirtless. Can only think of chest and armpit hair in the pizza. ewww.
Then we had a Carls Jr. lady at the drive in having s*# with her burger. eewwww
Haven't seen the boxer one. Oh yeah to garage door guy. I mute it every time.

linhawk 12-10-2013 08:54 AM

PS. Love the old couple with her new swiffer.

leatheflea 12-10-2013 08:59 AM

Can't say that I've found any of them annoying. My DH did say who the "BLEEP" is on top of that car singing! He snarled his nose and rolled his eyes. But what does he know he's a scroogey ole grinch that thinks christmas trees are nonsense. In the words of my favorite elf...."The best way to bring christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!"

Evie 12-10-2013 09:14 AM

My list is way too long! I mute and don't watch almost ALL commercials!

Pam S 12-10-2013 09:16 AM

OK, I guess I don't watch enough television. Hadn't seen the Joe Boxer commercial so I had to go watch it on YouTube.

bibi 12-10-2013 10:14 AM

While I agree with the MB one as being irritating, I think the one I find most offensive is the one about a girl sitting on santa's lap and she likes fashion, but the commercial is about a car. It looks totally inappropriate to me and I question what kind of relationship between santa and females the ad suggests.

madamekelly 12-10-2013 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by tessagin (Post 6447952)
So many of these commercials just make no sense. I dislike all of them and please, how about the boxer jingle bells! I'm not a prude but come on.

I agree with you. This one is positively tasteless!

misseva 12-10-2013 11:00 AM

I personally like Flo and hate the pig - bring back the gecko. Saw the boxer ad once, and like the old couple/Swiffer ad.

bearisgray 12-10-2013 12:12 PM

I dislike the one for the phone with the camera where the people are all knocking each other trying to get the best viewss of the kids' play/ performance. Total rudeness being shown. And I don't even remember the brand name!

CookyIN 12-10-2013 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 6448257)
If something is funny I laugh. The boxer short guys are funny! My favorite commercials right now are the Sprint ones with James Earl Jones and Malcomb McDowell. I laugh every time I see them. These legends of tv and film showing how really stupid social media has become. Very few of the younger generation understand the commercials. LOL.

I love these too and laugh every time! Especially the one about the two guys and the free tickets.

Also love the Jan at Toyota one where the lady wanting the Camry says it looks like she got lucky again. Laugh every time Jan closes her eyes and goes, "hmm".