Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/oct-2011-weight-loss-adventure-prize-winner-createfourpaws-t156684.html)

Podunk Princess 09-30-2011 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
princess-- are you allergic to any food or don't like some food? that's what you use. for instance, i'm allergic to nuts so my friends and family always get goodies with nuts.8)

Unfortunately I'm not allergic to any food item. I do HATE raisins so maybe I should put those in everything! :lol:

mim 09-30-2011 08:18 AM

I think that's a good idea -- BUT -- I know I will be out of touch for a week in Oct. and how about people in hospital, etc.

Mim

or is it only that you can't win if you don't sign in ??

purplemem 09-30-2011 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by mim
I think that's a good idea -- BUT -- I know I will be out of touch for a week in Oct. and how about people in hospital, etc.

Mim

to answer your questions:
1) I would think if you post you will be out for a designated time it would be allowed but that is up to the group and
2) this requirement is JUST FOR WINNING THE FQ.

I love our group but we don't have the benefit of full participation. We need the experience, strength and participation of at least 1/2 the members to really get our momentum going. When only 10-15% participate that leaves us with a limping cheerleading, idea busting section.

mim 09-30-2011 08:34 AM

Absolutely -- if you want to win, you should participate -- play to win.!! I'll be happy just to be in the 5 pound club

Mim -- Thanks for clarifying --

Originally Posted by purplemem

Originally Posted by mim

Mim

to answer your questions:
1) I would think if you post you will be out for a designated time it would be allowed but that is up to the group and
2) this requirement is JUST FOR WINNING THE FQ.

I love our group but we don't have the benefit of full participation. We need the experience, strength and participation of at least 1/2 the members to really get our momentum going. When only 10-15% participate that leaves us with a limping cheerleading, idea busting section.

marscrafter 09-30-2011 09:54 AM

It makes sense to me that all of us who sign up should participate. Especially with the holidays around the corner, we all need as much cheerleading as we can get. LOL

Beachbound 09-30-2011 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
ATTENTION ALL PARTICIPANTS:

I WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE THE "RULES" BUT THIS IS A GROUP DECISION...

I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE IT A REQUIREMENT THAT "TO WIN THE FQ YOU MUST LOG INTO THE THREAD AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK AND PARTICIPATE IN THE DISCUSSION".

WHAT IS YOUR OPINION?

I would like your discussion on this issue, either in PM or on the thread.

MJ

I am okay with this. I would mention that some don't actually feel comfortable chatting because they don't get response when they do chat. Soooo if you see someone post it may help to chat back; just sayin'.

jarenie 09-30-2011 10:11 AM

I am in.

Murphy1 09-30-2011 10:11 AM

Anytime I see a post, I check it out. I think active participation does help with achieving a goal with the good spirit of the group. I am in it along with the other weight watcher group for the good of the whole.

katvert 09-30-2011 10:58 AM

I am in for October!!!

the participation rule seems like a good idea to me.

nancia 09-30-2011 11:00 AM

welcome grammasheshe! we love new and old (that's why they keep me around-i'm the old, lol}.