Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/oct-2011-weight-loss-adventure-prize-winner-createfourpaws-t156684.html)

grandma she she 10-15-2011 04:58 AM

Hello ladies..... Sorry I haven't been on for several days. My computer was acting up and had to reload windows which means if I didn't have Carbonite backup online, I would have lost everything. It took awhile, but I got everything loaded back on. It was funny, it had been acting up for so long and had things wrong that when things got fixed the right way, if forgot how to work them...lol. anyway.... I have been pretty much sitting in the recliner and not eating right. lacking motivation. I stepped on the scale yesterday and it wasn't pretty.

mim 10-15-2011 05:25 AM

Thank you so very much grandma -- I had been meaning to get carbonite for a long time. Last winter I had to rescue stuff when my PC acted up. I did get it all back but it cost a bit -- Big Time -- Now for a dollar a week I don't have to worry. --
Mim

Originally Posted by grandma she she
Hello ladies..... Sorry I haven't been on for several days. My computer was acting up and had to reload windows which means if I didn't have Carbonite backup online, I would have lost everything. It took awhile, but I got everything loaded back on. It was funny, it had been acting up for so long and had things wrong that when things got fixed the right way, if forgot how to work them...lol. anyway.... I have been pretty much sitting in the recliner and not eating right. lacking motivation. I stepped on the scale yesterday and it wasn't pretty.

elm 10-15-2011 05:36 AM

Okay, I'm curious. What is carbonite?

mim 10-15-2011 06:47 AM

It is an on-line backup company that backs up all your files -- not programs -- every time you add or change that file. It is backing up my files now -- will probably take all day to do it -- I have lots of pix and quilt design stuff. After this first time, it will take only minutes as it only looks at files that have been changed. All files have dates so it scans for new dates.

I went to kim komando and ordered it thru her website to get the best deal. Kim is a computer guru on radio and TV.

2 or 3 free months and only 59 a year. Cheap at the price to save everything. Plus, if I read it right, if you are away you can still retrieve a file from their backup if you don't have yours with you. Nothing I would use, but imagine a business person losing/stolen PC while on a trip

Originally Posted by elm

Podunk Princess 10-15-2011 07:11 AM

It's a great morning for me --- finally fell off that plateau and the scale went down 2 pounds! After two weeks of no loss this made my day.

irishrose 10-15-2011 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Podunk Princess
It's a great morning for me --- finally fell off that plateau and the scale went down 2 pounds! After two weeks of no loss this made my day.

:thumbup: That's a wonderful feeling! Here's hoping we all get to share it.

elm 10-15-2011 10:24 AM

Thanks for the information and the quick reply.

Originally Posted by mim
It is an on-line backup company that backs up all your files -- not programs -- every time you add or change that file. It is backing up my files now -- will probably take all day to do it -- I have lots of pix and quilt design stuff. After this first time, it will take only minutes as it only looks at files that have been changed. All files have dates so it scans for new dates.

I went to kim komando and ordered it thru her website to get the best deal. Kim is a computer guru on radio and TV.

2 or 3 free months and only 59 a year. Cheap at the price to save everything. Plus, if I read it right, if you are away you can still retrieve a file from their backup if you don't have yours with you. Nothing I would use, but imagine a business person losing/stolen PC while on a trip

Originally Posted by elm

lauriejo 10-15-2011 02:56 PM

BARES I am so sorry to hear about your sister, sending you hugs.

Murphy1 10-15-2011 03:23 PM

So sorry for your loss. Losing a sibling is such a shock. I lost a sister 8 years ago on Christmas Eve. Hugs to you and all your loved ones.

Originally Posted by BARES
leaving in about an hour to go home for my sisters funeral. she died unexpectantly yesterday.

Murphy1 10-15-2011 03:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[quote=nancia]1. i would like the recipe for the caramel apple cider cookies

I have been away two days, is this the recipe you wanted?
They are good, nice treat at this time of year. Probably not a good thing to share on this topic - but a half a cookie works.