Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   October weight loss 2015 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/october-weight-loss-2015-a-t270529.html)

Jim's Gem 10-23-2015 11:11 AM

I have really been bad. All the way around. Have not even checked in here. Life is busy with 6 Grands!
Finally getting my FQ's in the mail today. Way, way too late. I am not in the running to win anything either.

meanmom 10-23-2015 07:16 PM

Another stressful day at school. My kindergartener was absent. So, as usual other kids made up for it. My 2nd grader was awful. Removed him from the room several times. It is a long walk to the sensory room. Another kid in the room is a whiner. I am now in charge of refereeing a recess kickball game. I had 15 minutes of free time and the game is a continual problem. The whiner had his fist in another students face and was threatening him. He is lucky the other kid didn't beat him up. the kid he threatened is a major hothead etc. He said he was too stupid to hit. (the whiner tends to threaten kids he has no chance of winning a fight with). I had 12,000 steps today. Just form school etc., I didn't exercise.
My guild is having a class tomorrow. I so need this! Sewing all day with a bunch of women is good therapy.

Annaquilts 10-29-2015 06:50 AM

Last push for the month. I had an unexpected loss over the last week and am now being really good for it to reflexed on actual weight loss for the end of this month. Lets hope it sticks or better not stick.

Any tips to make it past all those mini chocolate candy bars with halloween? I'll be spending plenty of time with little kids and there will be lots of candy.

Podunk Princess 10-29-2015 07:11 AM

Anna, how terrific to have an "unexpected" loss when trying to lose weight. Where can I find one of those? LOL

There's not much you can do to get past Halloween candy except stay strong. I usually give myself permission to have one or two small pieces and that's it. Going without completely is almost impossible to do and is cruel and unusual punishment in my opinion.

Annaquilts 10-30-2015 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Podunk Princess (Post 7359725)
Anna, how terrific to have an "unexpected" loss when trying to lose weight. Where can I find one of those? LOL

Well forget about the loss. I am avoiding the scale this morning because I ate way too much dried fruit and nuts yesterday. I took the little girls to a pumpkin patch at a health food farm that also has a big store with chocolate, candy, dried fruit and nuts. I was able to avoid the candy and chocolates but out did myself on the high calorie healthy stuff. Ugh!

Pam H 10-30-2015 06:56 AM

Maybe this month the winner will be the one who gained the least. :thumbdown:

Annaquilts 10-30-2015 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H (Post 7360814)
Maybe this month the winner will be the one who gained the least. :thumbdown:

Oh no! But thanks for the chuckle Pam. I am still at a loss overall. why is this month hard? I think it might be the change in weather. I feel hungry all the time and want stuff like potato cheese soup.

Podunk Princess 10-30-2015 12:00 PM

Yep, it's hard to eat cold salads when it's so cold outside. I want warm, comfort food right now and it's hard to eat right. One more day and then we can begin from the beginning (again)!

meanmom 10-30-2015 01:50 PM

I was doing so well. NOt enough to win I am sure but behaving myself. This week is Halloween survival week. So we had goodies and snacks every day in the teachers lounge. I did well until Wednesday. Wednesday I was stressed out and had a brownie.Well then it was all over because I had some other junk too. What really disgusts me is it wasn't even that good, so not worth the calories but I ate it anyway. I ate the junk yesterday and today too. I feel like I have gained 10 pounds in 3 days. I will have to face the scale in the morning.

meanmom 10-30-2015 02:02 PM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...ml#post7361206 I have just posted the new November thread. I am having major computer issues. I will post when I can.
Pat