Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Our animals (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/our-animals-t20525.html)

Ninnie 05-25-2009 05:32 PM

Well as the owner of Mortimer, I must tell you that he loves to give kisses, and when you get kissed by that large a tongue, you definitely need a towel To go with it! :D

I never feel alone with him, and he is the best guard dog to take anywhere, don't even have to lock the car. He truly understands everything I say, or at least I like to think so. He is our 3rd Dane, and owns us completely. I have friends who can't understand having a dog live in the house, I feel sorry for those people! :D

Ninnie

bearisgray 05-25-2009 05:56 PM

Another cultural difference - maybe right up there with a difference in religion - I grew up with a dog on the bed and a cat on the pillow. My husband grew up with the dog on the porch and the cats in the barn.

kwhite 05-25-2009 05:58 PM

We were sitting on the floor in my new sewing room tonight after spending the day putting in the ceiling and I called my Yorkie down to check it out. I said "look Kelli a new room to play in" She immediately went upstairs and I heard the ball bounce down the steps. She followed it and brought it right to me to play in the new room. I knew she understands but I didn't know she understood that well.

SaraSewing 05-25-2009 06:33 PM

Do most people love their animals as much as quilters do? What makes quilters so caring? And I totally agree that this board is more than just jabber - you guys are friends!

littlehud 05-25-2009 06:58 PM

Whenever anyone would try to tell my mom she had too many pets she would look them in the eye and tell them she liked her cats and dog better than many people she knew. They love us unconditionally.

Shemjo 05-25-2009 07:38 PM

This is a really great thread. We have had storms all day with heavy rain. My little rat terrier went to her safe place in the bathroom between the commode and tub. She will stay there until I let her know I am going up tp bed, then she will cuddle with me. She came to me with that knowledge, of where to be safe when it is storming.

canmitch1971 05-25-2009 07:46 PM

When I kiss my oldest cat in particular, he looks at me as if he is saying "Ok, get it over with!!!!" He also makes biscuits on my right thigh. I just love my kitty boys and girl. I also love my parrot. I have had her since she was 5 mos old. She is now 14 years old. She used to travel with me when my husband was working in the USA. She is such good company.

tlrnhi 05-25-2009 09:01 PM

Everyone knows that if they don't like my cats....the door is in the same place it was when they came in my house. Don't let it hit you in the butt on the way out!

Tink's Mom 05-26-2009 07:06 AM

As you can tell by my board name....I am loved by a DOG...I am married for 33 years, have two grown sons, and Tink. I came home from work one day and she was there, my husband paid a horrible price for her(she has papers), and she crawled into my shirt to lay next to my heart and crawled straight into my heart...........

tlrnhi 05-26-2009 07:07 AM

Aww Tink...that's sweet!
Now can she come and play with Big Boy? lol