Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Perfume, do you wear it. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/perfume-do-you-wear-t144140.html)

cherrio 08-11-2011 02:55 PM

one spray of Eternity by Calvin Klien but not for everyday. lol only when I feel "pretty"

Greyhound Mom 08-11-2011 03:09 PM

I work in a hospital and rarely do you smell perfume, It's a no no.

quiltmagnet 08-11-2011 03:29 PM

when I was working we had a patient that had severe asthma attacks because one of the nurses wore perfume ...Musk was the worse for her. Bless her soul if you were the nurse assigned to her she would ask what kind of perfume you were wearing. I could understand it is her health

NancyBelly 08-11-2011 03:38 PM

I teach middle schoolers so I always wear perfume. I have to counteract the horrible sweat smell a roomful of them can produce ;)))

Sunnye 08-11-2011 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by NancyBelly
I teach middle schoolers so I always wear perfume. I have to counteract the horrible sweat smell a roomful of them can produce ;)))

I am a substitute teacher and middle schoolers are the worst. They are so insecure in themselves that they always have perfume, lotions, nail polish and deodorant with them and use them in class! Not to mention the glues used in some classes! It's all bad.

MsLoriAnn 08-11-2011 03:50 PM

I just put a spritz on my hair.

quilter in the making 08-11-2011 04:21 PM

I am so highly allergic to perfumes and candles that I have pretty much quit wearing it entirely. I really wish more workplaces would ban perfumes as there are days I can hardly breathe in my office with the strong perfumes a couple of the women wear. Instant headache and then my throat dries up and I start coughing when they come within a few feet of my desk.

hmross 08-11-2011 04:25 PM

I wear perfume occasionally. However, since I work as a home health aide my job is one of those that you shouldn't wear cause of people being allergic, sensitive to smells etc. However, if the perfume is worn right, right scent and proper amount there is nothing wrong with it.

alwayslearning 08-11-2011 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend

Originally Posted by alwayslearning

Originally Posted by purplefiend
I don't and cannot tolerate perfumes due to allergies and asthma.
I can't stand to be around people who bathe in the stuff. UGH!!!
:roll:

It seems like everything has perfumes of some sort in them. The hand soaps in the store restrooms are just overwhelming for me.

I had trouble finding bath products that I could use,
a nice lady makes unscented soap for me and I feel so much better. :-D

You are so lucky to be able to get the unscented soaps!

her website is: www.thevegetablecart.com

Thanks so much!

Arleners 08-11-2011 05:04 PM

I like the smell of perfume, but I know it bothers a lot of people so I only wear it VERY rarely. Never to work or where I will be in close quarters with people I don't know. I don't want to set off anyone's asthma or migraine