Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Pfaff Sewing Machine updates (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/pfaff-sewing-machine-updates-t136025.html)

leaha 07-08-2011 09:01 AM

I love my 7570's too, great service at English's sew & vac in Paducah Ky

purrfectquilts 07-08-2011 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by purrfectquilts
I just sent them an email and included a copy of the link and said I had no particular offense but thought they would like to be passing out accurate information. We will see if they answer or not ..... but I am grateful for the correct info. Thanks again.

They answered me but still insisted there had been no buyout but only that SVP was only a parent company. ???? If they are now under a parent holding company, then they are no longer independent. Whatever, at least I now know the correct answer.

CoyoteQuilts 07-08-2011 09:42 AM

Thank you. I will be contacting them. If they know as much as they indicated, they should have known that!

He may have started working for them AFTER the buy out..... It has been several years. From my CRS brain the last of the 'old' Pfaffs were the 7570's and 2140's machines.

Candace 07-08-2011 11:27 AM

I just sent them an email and included a copy of the link and said I had no particular offense but thought they would like to be passing out accurate information. We will see if they answer or not ..... but I am grateful for the correct info. Thanks again.

They answered me but still insisted there had been no buyout but only that SVP was only a parent company. ???? If they are now under a parent holding company, then they are no longer independent. Whatever, at least I now know the correct answer.

That's silly and sounds to me he's trying to rationalize not telling people the truth. Now you know the scoop and also know this person isn't the most reliable source and may even have some motives to keep the truth from you. Sad, but I wouldn't trust him now.

purrfectquilts 07-08-2011 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Candace

That's silly and sounds to me he's trying to rationalize not telling people the truth. Now you know the scoop and also know this person isn't the most reliable source and may even have some motives to keep the truth from you. Sad, but I wouldn't trust him now.

Yep, that is our feeling too.

mhansen6 07-08-2011 12:24 PM

I have had Pfaff machines for the last 25 years. I wouldn't buy anything else. I now own a Creative 4.0. It is by far the best machine I have ever owned. I do have an authorized dealer here in town, he is good but not cheap. It is time to take mine in for service. I hate to have it gone. I will get separation stress. I will have to use my old Pfaff. It is a great machine but it doesn't have all the bells and whistles my new one does.