Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Pictures of Mountains out side our home (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/pictures-mountains-out-side-our-home-t31045.html)

Mousie 12-08-2009 09:35 AM

These are all such beautifu pictures! wow! loved all the info that you guys put with it, too!
Todd sounds like such an awesome person.
I called hubby in here to share with him too. He said he would love to go up there...he'd have to go without me, though. My fibromyalgia sometimes makes me feel like i am already living in the cold! Nice to go in pics with my fleece robe on, lol!

Mel, if you paint that scene, I so want to see. I told my hubby, "she can do it, too!" :wink:

MissTreated 12-08-2009 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine

Originally Posted by MissTreated
Just a drive up to Hatcher's Pass for a cheese fondue. It was fun. Lots of kids snowboarding. They hitch hike up to the top, board down, then hitch up again. Looked like fun, but the lodge was warm and the fondue was delicious!

M

Is the lodge open again? We had heard they closed. They are so $$$ Never had fondu there. Is it the best?

The Hatcher's Pass Lodge is open, the Mother Lode Lodge is all boarded up and for sale. The HP Lodge is so fun and cozy. Stayed there several years ago. It was wonderful.

M

mountain-moma 12-08-2009 05:46 PM

Breath taking so beautiful

estherblair 12-08-2009 07:47 PM

Thanks for sharing all that beauty :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 12-08-2009 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by k3n

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
Oh wow, that's beautiful! I'm going to paint that...

Mel, when I first saw that beautiful sky I thought ' I'm gonna tell Mel - she can paint that onto fabric!' :-D

Well, great minds think alike, right?

GMA 12-08-2009 08:26 PM

awesome

MonicaLW 12-09-2009 12:20 PM

I just arrived in Fairbanks last night around midnight. I woke this morning like with a big smile on my face just waiting to look outside at the snow. I live in Alabama and am here to meet up with my husband and begin the drive back to AL soon. He is retiring after 28yrs in the army. It is absolutely beautiful here! Your pictures are breathtaking, thank you for sharing!

MonicaLW 12-09-2009 12:27 PM

Oh my, this is also a picture from a storybook! Absolutely beautiful. Now that I'm here, although I'm not a fan of the cold the woodstove is full and it is toasty warm inside - I could stay here for awhile. Guess I should have put the kids in my suitcase too :)

fluffbug95 12-09-2009 01:03 PM

Those are beautiful pictures!!
I love the color of the sky.
Great pictures! :)

alaskasunshine 12-09-2009 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by MonicaLW
Oh my, this is also a picture from a storybook! Absolutely beautiful. Now that I'm here, although I'm not a fan of the cold the woodstove is full and it is toasty warm inside - I could stay here for awhile. Guess I should have put the kids in my suitcase too :)

Please do your best to get to Chena Hot springs. They are wonderful. We have not been there for 6 years but we loved it when we were there. No kids and you will love it. It is rustic but lovely in the winter.

Please do thank your husband for serving in the military. My dad was in the army for over 20 years himself Merry Christmas! My husband and I pray for you guys every night.